We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel close to 6 flags

Gurnee, Illinois
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Hotel close to 6 flags

Hi. We are looking for a nice, somewhat inexpensive hotel near 6 flags with 2 queen beds in the room and a pool. Outdoor is fine, indoor would be better. Seems like everything I can find has bad reviews. Don't want to come a long way and get a dirty hotel. Any help would be great. Would like to be somewhat close to 6 flags, but a short drive would be ok for the right hotel.

thanks all!

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel close to 6 flags

Try a hotel closer to Marietta/Vinings. It will still be closer than 10 miles but not in Austell.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel close to 6 flags

Someone may know the hotel situation around Six Flags better than I do, but I personally don't know of a good hotel in that area. It's just not the greatest area, to be frank.

I agree with Rein. I'd pick a hotel in the Marietta/ Vinings area, which is close to 75/285, giving you easy access to getting to Six Flags. The Fairfield in Vinings seems to have gotten good reviews but I don't know if they have a pool. I have stayed at the Homestead on Powers Ferry and that's a nice place, has a good outdoor pool. Free breakfast, too. It's very close to restaurants like TGIFridays and a Famous Dave's barbecue.

One word of advice. Avoid the hotels off the Delk Road exit. This area is getting increasingly drug infested and a cop friend of mine has told me it isn't getting any better.

Gurnee, Illinois
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel close to 6 flags

Thanks for that info. I will look into that area. Does anyone know about the Country Inn and Suites in Hiram? It looks like it would be even closer than Marietta, and they have rooms with 2 queen beds, and breakfast.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel close to 6 flags

The Homestead Suites is actually in Smyrna but has a Marietta address (the postal area is huge), which is where 75 meets 285. The Fairfield in Vinings is a few miles west of that.

Hiram, on the other hand, is pretty much out in the country and you'd be on smaller roads coming and going. It would take you quite a bit longer.

Rein, you know that area better than I do. Your thoughts?

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel close to 6 flags

Hiram is out toward Dallas. It used to be country but it really has grown. I suppose you could take Thornton Rd. to get on I-20. I still would prefer the previous recommendations we made. If the rate is fantastic I would say go for it if your sole purpose in coming to Atlanta is to go to Six Flags. Otherwise, you would be further away from other things to do.

Gurnee, Illinois
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel close to 6 flags

Our sole purpose of coming to Georgia is for the 6 flags park. What would you think is a great price for a hotel there? The Country Inn in Hiram is $72. Comfort Inn in Symrna is $81. There is a Best Western in Douglasville the is $63. I saw a bad review on that one, so i wasn't sure about it. It looks like it's close to the park. Do you know anything about that one? I have a AAA discount, which does lower the prices some. I am open to any suggestions, and I thank you for all your help.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel close to 6 flags

The closer you are into Atlanta, the higher the hotel rate tends to be. That's why you're seeing such a good rate for the Hiram hotel. It's off the beaten path and not really close to anything. However, the cost of gas used driving back and forth from there tends to eat up some of that savings. It's all relative really.

In my opinion, most hotels of the kind you're looking at in the areas you seek (I-285 northside) are going to run in the $75 and up range. Go any lower than that and you start worrying about quality/safety.

One other option I'll toss out is stopping at the Georgia Welcome Center on I-75 (which I am guessing you will be driving on) when you arrive and check out the hotel brochures. My in-laws actually discovered the Homestead Suites that way because there was a brochure with a coupon for that hotel. It's the second exit (I think) as you enter Georgia.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel close to 6 flags

The closer you are into Atlanta, the higher the hotel rate tends to be. That's why you're seeing such a good rate for the Hiram hotel. It's off the beaten path and not really close to anything. However, the cost of gas used driving back and forth from there tends to eat up some of that savings. It's all relative really.

In my opinion, most hotels of the kind you're looking at in the areas you seek (I-285 northside) are going to run in the $75 and up range. Go any lower than that and you start worrying about quality/safety.

One other option I'll toss out is stopping at the Georgia Welcome Center on I-75 (which I am guessing you will be driving on) when you arrive and check out the hotel brochures. My in-laws actually discovered the Homestead Suites that way because there was a brochure with a coupon for that hotel. It's the second exit (I think) as you enter Georgia.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel close to 6 flags

Try Hotwire. Go for the Marietta/Vinings area for 3 star or better for around $60 or less. We regularly do this and are never disappointed. I haven't checked it out but you might find a bargain. However, once you click the accept button you cannot back out of the reservation.

Gurnee, Illinois
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel close to 6 flags

Hotwire sounds cool, but I need to know the type of room we are getting. We really need the queen beds, and it seems that a lot of hotels use only doubles. I have a couple of questions. Is the six flags park really small? My husband came home from work the other day and said someone told him that. Is it worth driving to? Our kids like trying out different parks, but we are driving from Illinois, and if the park isn't worth it, then we will just skip it. Also, do either of you know about the Best Western in Douglasville? Thanks again.

Get answers to your questions about Austell