We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
249 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

I want to take my 2 kids to six flags. I was thinking of going in March or April to avoid the HEAT since I know how blazing hot it can be in the summer.

Wondering

1. How bad are the crowds on the weekends in March and April ?

2. Is the spring break week a huge nightmare for someone who would be traveling with kids ?

3. When would be the LEAST crowded time to go ? During the week ?

Also, does Six Flags do the "After three, next day free" option that Dollywood does or do I have to buy tickets for each day I plan to attend ?

Thanks !

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,993 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

Pools usually open in May. Smyrna is really not a good option either in my opinion.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,993 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

OK- let me correct myself. If the hotel is in Smyrna-Vinings area then it would be ok. Other parts of Smyrna not so good. Let me know where exactly it is located and I will be able to tell you.

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
249 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

Hey, it's this hotel. Thanks.

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

2876 Spring Hill Parkway

Smyrna, GA 30080, USA

Phone: +1 770 384 0060 Fax: +1 770 384 0075 Maps & Directions to Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,993 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

Yes- that hotel should be just fine. Beware though around rush hour that area of Atlanta/Cobb county is very busy!!! The hotel sits right next to I-285 and it is a 4/5 lane freeway.

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
249 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

Ok, thanks for that information. Nothing like a local's perspective :). I appreciate it.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

You may also want to consider a hotel with an indoor pool, to give your kids something to do on a rainy day, or at night if they are bored. You do not want to stay in the sixflags area. I am not sure which hotels in marietta have indoor pools, but I am sure there are some up there somewhere. It is too cold in April to be able to swim here in an outdoor pool. Also know that Publix and Coke usually have some kind of promotion for $4-10 off your ticket price when you use a coke can with the coupon on it.

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
249 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

I had wondered about the pool situation. I will do some looking to see which ones have an indoor pool. Thanks for the reminder.

I had thought about buying our tickets online. Will check into the pepsi thing. Dollywood does something similar here.

I think we are going to take a day trip to Tweetsie RR (my 4yo would love this and it's 1.44 hours away from us) in May and possibly try to go to Six Flags on a weekend in April. Six Flags is about a 4.5 hour drive so we may spend a couple days in the Atlanta area.

I'm not a theme park person myself (rather be on a beach laying around relaxing!) but will endure it for the kids sake as long as it's not too steamy and hot. I went to Six Flags when I was 10 with mom and dad in JULY and almost passed out from the heat .

Kennesaw, GA
Level Contributor
312 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

The hotel your talking about should be fine but personally if I were you I'd check out the hotels in Douglasville. It's about the same distance and it's a better drive without the chance of getting stuck on I-285. If you're into malls, the Cumberland-Galleria at Smyrna/Vinings is probably a little better than Abor at Douglasville.

Edited: 9:01 am, March 07, 2010
19. Re: Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 04, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Austell