We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agusta National

Nashville
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Agusta National

Next weekend, my family is heading to Pawley's Island, SC. We are breaking up the trip with an overnight stop in Augusta. We will probably stay somewhere off of Washington Road.

Here is my question. Is there any road from which you can see any of the Augusta National course? I did a search on google maps, and it appears from what I found that there is vegetation blocking you from seeing the course off of Berkman's Road and Washington Road. I know it is a longshot, but if there is any neighborhood where my son and I could get a glimpse of the course, we would be thrilled.

Thanks for any advice.

P.S. If I lived in the neighborhood, I would not want people driving down my street to see the golf course, so I am doubting this is a possibility.

Edited: 10:43 pm, May 18, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,593 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agusta National

You can see just a peak at the Washington Rd. entrance. Hopefully one of the locals will post with more info.

Nashville
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agusta National

Thanks peachbelle. We are in Augusta tonight. We pulled off the road at the Magnolia Drive Entrance and took a few pictures of the road through the trees and the Augusta National, Members Only sign. We then drove down Berkmans Road. Gate 6 was open, so I pulled into a parking lot and took a couple of pictures. I tried to get a quick glimpse without pushing the limits and violating the privacy that the club maintains. When I retire from coaching a spring sport, track and field, I hope to make it back for a day during tournament week.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,593 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agusta National

Coming during one of the practice rounds is really a great opportunity to see the grounds. It is beautiful when azaleas are in full bloom.

4. Re: Agusta National

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 28, 2014