We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just got tickets for Master's on Monday, advice needed

Texarkana, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
just got tickets for Master's on Monday, advice needed

Just recieved a gift of 2 tickets for Monday's practice round. Never been and have no idea where to fly into and where to stay. On maters.org, all hotels left sound like dumps. What nearby city(ies) should I check for decent lodging? Grovetown hotels look bad, too.

Need to fly out of Dallas (DFW). Should we fly to Atlanta and drive? Please advise on towns with airport where we might find decent hotel for Ap. 6 and 7!!!!!!!!!!!

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
166 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: just got tickets for Master's on Monday, advice needed

BBQ you are right the pimento cheese sandwich was good, and so was the egg salad and chicken breast (sort of like a Chick-fil-A). The best part was the prices- sandwiches $1.50 and beer only $2.00!

Compared to what you usually pay at a concert or pro sports game they were practically giving it away.

BTW we had a great time, Augusta National is awesome.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: just got tickets for Master's on Monday, advice needed

We had a great time too! We are having such fun watching the coverage on TV now that we have actually seen it in person.

Could not believe the deal on the food. Agree that the chicken barbecue was not so hot-my son had it then switched to the pimento cheese, yum!

I am craving a moonpie as I type....

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
1,182 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: just got tickets for Master's on Monday, advice needed

while i have never played on THIS course i have played many ,but i have never seen grass is such well maintained condition! the roughs seem to be manacured, and the fairways surely are combed each evening. it's a magical piece of springtime each year seeing this course.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: just got tickets for Master's on Monday, advice needed

My husband kept saying the same thing. It just doesn't look real, I can only imagine what goes into maintaining it all.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
166 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: just got tickets for Master's on Monday, advice needed

One more thing BBQMan

We ate a place called Rubbies BBQ in McCormick, SC just over the state line on Clarks Hill lake.

They served up something called hash and rice, I guess the SC version of brunswick stew. It was pork and beef in a gravy type sauce served over white rice. Sounds strange I know but it was dee-lish!

16. Re: just got tickets for Master's on Monday, advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, September 25, 2009