We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in Augusta at the Masters

Sydney
Level Contributor
109 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
5 days in Augusta at the Masters

G'day,

Three mates and myself are heading up from downunder to attend the Masters. We arrive in Augusta on Monday 12 April and are going to the practice day on the Tuesday, the par 3 tournament on the Wednesday and the first two days play on the Thursday and Friday before leaving on the Saturday. As we need to make our own arrangements for dinner on each of Monday-Friday nights I'd appreciate hearing any suggestions for good restaurants.We are staying in Aiken.

Also I'd like to know about any "must see" things whilst Augusta

Thanks,

JB

Mentioned in this post
Augusta
Augusta
Georgia
Aiken
Aiken
South Carolina
MI
Destination Expert
for Ludington
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 5 days in Augusta at the Masters

Phew, I was hoping that I did not have the wrong date,<smile>. Have a wonderful time, we may pass eachother on Monday.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 5 days in Augusta at the Masters

plan on arriving about daylight if you want a near by parking spot, and avoid the bbq at all cost! also be aware they quit selling beer on the course about 3pm. i hope the weather smiles upon you this year.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 5 days in Augusta at the Masters

The restaurants that jnwhi recommended are all great.

As far as the traffic, when you come into Augusta, stay off of Washington Road. Do not take the first two exits. From Aiken take the Wheeler Road exit, take a right and follow that to Berckman's Road. (On your left) That will take you right to the parking gate. If you get there between 7-8 AM, you should not have any problems parking inside the gate. That is the way we go every year. The traffic will be heavy but not impossible.

Enjoy our beautiful city!

Mentioned in this post
Augusta
Augusta
Georgia
Aiken
Aiken
South Carolina
14. Re: 5 days in Augusta at the Masters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, September 16, 2009