We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in Augusta for golf

NYC
5 posts
Save Topic
Lodging in Augusta for golf

i'm looking to come in for the golf tourney. Are there any areas in Augusta that you should avoid?

I'm not familiar with the area?

Mentioned in this post
Augusta
Augusta
Georgia
Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging in Augusta for golf

I hope you don't mean for the 2007 Masters. If so, you will find it difficult to locate any lodging.

But it's not too soon to start planning for the 2008 tourney.

NYC
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging in Augusta for golf

i do mean this year. i see some availability at a few motel like places. i was curious if there are areas of the city where i shouldnt stay?

atlanta
Level Contributor
580 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging in Augusta for golf

What are the names of the places. There are some sketchy hotels in parts of Augusta.

Mentioned in this post
Augusta
Augusta
Georgia
NYC
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging in Augusta for golf

Econo Lodge Martinez

4090 Belair Rd, Augusta, GA

Quality Inn South

2926 Peach Orchard Road, Augusta, GA

Howard Johnson Lodge

601 Frontage Rd NW, Augusta, GA

Knights Inn

210 Boy Scout Rd, Augusta, GA

Comfort Inn Medical Center Area

1455 Walton Way, Augusta, GA

Days Inn

map: 3654 Wheeler Rd, Augusta, GA

Super 8 Motel - Augusta Ft Gordon Belair

456 Parkwest Drive, Augusta, GA

Sleep Inn & Suite

921 Edgefield Blvd, North Augusta, SC

[

Mentioned in this post
Augusta
Augusta
Georgia
atlanta
Level Contributor
580 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging in Augusta for golf

All of the hotels are not really nice but if you are going for location I would do the knights inn. Boy Scout Rd is really close to the course. I would also do the Days inn on Wheeler Rd. I personally would not stay at the Quality inn or Super 8. You should be ok w/ the other choices.

Aiken, South...
Level Contributor
554 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging in Augusta for golf

If you are looking for lodging for the 2007 Masters, good luck. Most of the hotels around here book up a year in advance. Any rooms you find in Augusta now will probably be in a motel of questionable location/reputation.

You might find something in Aiken, SC (around 20 miles away). If not, your next best bet will be Columbia, SC, which is about an hour away on I-20.

Mentioned in this post
Augusta
Augusta
Georgia
Aiken
Aiken
South Carolina
Columbia
Columbia
South Carolina
7. Re: Lodging in Augusta for golf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 28, 2009