We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe Hotel in Tegucigalpa for lower price

Washington DC...
5 posts
Safe Hotel in Tegucigalpa for lower price

My husband and I have to go to the embassy in Tegucigalpa for 3 to 4 weeks and need to find a very safe but inexpensive place to stay. I have been looking but prices seem to be $90 + . For a month that is going to cost us an arm and a leg. We have some family there but where they live is way too dangerous for us to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Tegucigalpa...
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Safe Hotel in Tegucigalpa for lower price

Check out Palmira Hostel, they are located 3 minutes walking from the US Embassy. +50499729666 palmirahostel.com

Tegucigalpa...
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Safe Hotel in Tegucigalpa for lower price

Check out Palmira Hostel, they are located 3 minutes walking from the US Embassy. +50499729666

Kootenays
Level Contributor
547 posts
24 reviews
11 helpful votes
3. Re: Safe Hotel in Tegucigalpa for lower price

Just in case that doesn't work out, the MacArthur is a reasonable price and I've always found it safe and quiet. It isn't near as close to the Embassy though.

Edited: 11:31 am, November 04, 2016
wix
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
855 posts
44 reviews
42 helpful votes
4. Re: Safe Hotel in Tegucigalpa for lower price

We've used Hotel Alsacia -- http://www.hotelalsacia.com/ . It's about $65 including breakfast, within walking distance of the US Embassy and comfortable. The downside is that there is no kitchen and not many restaurants in the immediate area.

Reply to: Safe Hotel in Tegucigalpa for lower price
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tegucigalpa