We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the hedmal alas terminal

Mobile AL
Level Contributor
317 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the hedmal alas terminal

Is there a terminal at the SPS airport? I've also seen references saying there is a shuttle to and from the airport to the bus terminal. Can anyone confirm?

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
3,071 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the hedmal alas terminal

hedman alas has an office at sps airport and they do run some shuttles to their main terminal. its a 10-15 min drive, about $15 u.s. if you use a taxi.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,500 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the hedmal alas terminal

Click on "Horarios" on the website, then pick a gold departure site for times. There one that says "Aeropuerto SAP" which gives the shuttle times.

www.hedmanalas.com

Mobile AL
Level Contributor
317 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the hedmal alas terminal

The times look good. I'm thinking that taking the bus from LC 5:15 AM may be a great backup plan to reach the SPS airport on time for our departing US fligh at 12:20. I've checked costs to buy tickets home in the event we miss our flight and it would cost an additional $1500 (that would come close to double the costs of our entire trip). We don't really want to leave LC the day before and stay in SPS.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,500 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is the hedmal alas terminal

You could also consider a private driver. It would cost a bit more but you'd go straight from hotel to airport on your time frame with stops enroute if you want.

A private driver I've used and loved is Miguel Martel 962-00372 (dial 011-504 first if calling from the US). I've read his email address is andresik04@hotmail.com , though I haven't used it.

Tegucigalpa...
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is the hedmal alas terminal

You can also consider renting a car if you are up to it, you may rent one way from La Ceiba to San Pedro Sula. If not the private driver option seems also a good option

Have fun

Mobile AL
Level Contributor
317 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is the hedmal alas terminal

My husban had drove us around in Mexico and does well, but he would prefer someone else do the driving for a longer ride. However I am considering a rental car for the time we are in La Ceiba. I would like to visit Cuero y Salado Wildlife Refuge. I was thinking about getting a car and driving there the day we arrive from Roatan. We will take the early ferry or 6AM flight. I know we cannot check in to our accomodations until late in the afternoon. It may be easy to get a car rental and put our luggage in the trunk and make that the day we go to the refuge. We may also let someone take us and lock our luggage in the van or car.

Tegucigalpa...
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is the hedmal alas terminal

If you need a GPS map you may buy one at www.travelinghonduras.com we distribute maps by gpstravelmaps; if you got a smartphone or tablet pm and we can provide a link where you can buy one

8. Re: Where is the hedmal alas terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 24, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Pedro Sula