We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what about a 15 year old boy visiting Masca, Honduras in...

Which San Pedro Sula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
1 post
Save Topic
what about a 15 year old boy visiting Masca, Honduras in...

Any suggestions on a 15 year old boy visiting Honduras in the summer, traveling alone but someone will pick him up at the airport. I'm giving him a Bank of America debit card, will he have any problems getting money, are there Bank of Americas in Honduras?

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what about a 15 year old boy visiting Masca, Honduras in...

There are no Bank of Americas in Honduras.... however you can use that debit card in almost every ATM here in Honduras.

I am a US citizen and use my Bank of America debit card to take out cash.. or make purchases.

Just make sure he knows whether funds are in a checking or saving account when he trys to withdrawl

La Ceiba, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: what about a 15 year old boy visiting Masca, Honduras in...

Dark -

Due to the amount of trafficking in children, Honduras has some really heavy duty rules concerning minors traveling. Make sure you check with the Honduran Embassy or a Consulate before this trip to have all the right paperwork and permissions.

Also, Visa is by far the preferred card in Honduras based on my experience.

Charlie Meador, Coco Pando, La Ceiba, Honduras

Monroe, New York
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what about a 15 year old boy visiting Masca, Honduras in...

Charlie - he won't be using a credit card. he is being given a Bank of America ATM card to use at cash machines. bank of America cards are generally no problem except for the insane withdrawal fees - $5.00 no Bank of America withdrawal fee topped with a $2.65 international transaction fee.

Get answers to your questions about San Pedro Sula