We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SAP Airport

Which San Pedro Sula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
409 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
SAP Airport

We are arriving at SAP at 12:30 via an AA flight, and are trying to catch a 2:30pm SOSA flight to RTB. We would really like to check one bag but have been warned that the customs line can be quite slow and having to go claim checked baggage will put us toward the back of the line. So I'm wondering if one of us can go retrieve the checked bag and one of us can go get in line at customs. Then the person with the bag can come slide into the customs line. Not knowing the airport at all, I have no idea if this is a decent plan or not. Anyone familiar with the airport have any insight? Or experience with with those flight times and how easy/difficult it was to make your flight?

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,793 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SAP Airport

two hours should be plenty of time to make a connection. passport control (where the longest line is) is before customs, so no way of slipping into line. just having carry-on luggage is the only way to save time but as i've said two hours should be enough time.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,148 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SAP Airport

After you go through the passport line together with carryons only you're just waved through customs in our experience; one couldn't really save a place for the other one waiting for the bags because you'd be standing there saying, "no, go ahead, I'm waiting for someone" and letting others pass.

I agree that you'll probably be fine but it wouldn't hurt - if you have to check a bag - to sit near the front of the plane and pass quickly to the passport lines. (You can tell I don't like worrying about time for connecting flights.)

San Pedro Sula
Level Contributor
19 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SAP Airport

San Pedro is a tiny airport and two hours is an eternity. Don't worry. They sometimes are slow where they check passports and then you may wait a little while for a checked bag, but not more than 30-45 min. total. Then Sosa is about a 30 second walk, maybe a minute if you walk slowly. Don't worry.

4. Re: SAP Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:31 am, March 03, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Pedro Sula