We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotels & Locations in San Pedro Sula?

Tampa, Florida
4 posts
Save Topic
Best Hotels & Locations in San Pedro Sula?

Having read the forum, I've seen varying advice on traveling to SPS. By all accounts it appears taking a vacation in Honduras is best done elsewhere, like Roatan or the beaches? I fly into SPS early March, and want to see SPS at least a couple days before moving on. Is it best to stay downtown or at a hotel on nearest beach (Copan)?

I often travel solo, and like the nightlife and busiest areas, but also need the beach.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Honduras
Honduras
Central America
Orlando, Florida
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotels & Locations in San Pedro Sula?

San pedro Sula is nice. It does not have beaches, etc but we stayed at the Hotel Maya Copan which is about 2 bloks from the city square for $25/night.The place is beautiful inside. Outside it isn't much, but once you get inside and see the great big rooms, the hospitality and friendliness of the staff is fantastic. You can rent a car for about $12US per day and go to the beaches, etc as well as the ruins, Tegucigalpa, Roartan, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Maya Copan
Hotel Maya Copan
42 Reviews
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
La Ceiba, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotels & Locations in San Pedro Sula?

RG -

I think swimlady is confusing San Pedro Sula with Copan. The hotel she is referring to is in Copan.

San Pedro Sula has two distinctions, 1) the industrial capital of Honduras, and 2) the most dangerous city in Honduras. Redeeming Quailty: The Guamilito Market in San Pedro Sula has a great variety of inexpensive souveniers which you can load up on before going home.

Charlie Meador, Coco Pando, La Ceiba, Honduras

Mentioned in this post
Honduras
Honduras
Central America
La Ceiba, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotels & Locations in San Pedro Sula?

My mistake regarding the Hotel Maya Copan and my apologies to SwimLady. While not on any other San Pedro Sula hotel list of which I am aware the Hotel Maya Copan is in San Pedro Sula and not Copan.

Charlie Meador, Coco Pando, La Ceiba, Honduras

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Maya Copan
Hotel Maya Copan
42 Reviews
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Honduras
Honduras
Central America
savvy_artist
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hotels & Locations in San Pedro Sula?

Here is what I found

It's $35 a night all year round in SPS, Honduras

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g292025-d650286…

Mentioned in this post
Honduras
Honduras
Central America
savvy_artist
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Hotels & Locations in San Pedro Sula?

Any La Quinta or Best Western or lower priced hotels, other than the Hilton?

savvy_artist
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Hotels & Locations in San Pedro Sula?

I have the understanding that hotels in San Pedro Sula have only cold water, is this correct?

San Pedro Sula
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Hotels & Locations in San Pedro Sula?

Nop Let me tell you that there are very good hotels in San Pedro Sula and one of the best is Metrotel Express and is only a few minutes from the airport and almost the same amount of time from downtown, this really know there job they a very good staff at the front desk and yes they do have hot water,

Mentioned in this post
Metrotel Express
Metrotel Express
144 Reviews
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
8. Re: Best Hotels & Locations in San Pedro Sula?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, September 20, 2009