We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family accommodation la ceiba

Which La Ceiba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Caribbean
1 post
Save Topic
family accommodation la ceiba

Can anyone suggest a good place for a family (2 adults, 3 children, 1 baby) in La Ceiba over the Christmas period. Self catering villa would be OK with us.

Montreal
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: family accommodation la ceiba

Hi,

I suggest Villa Helen's in Sambo Creek near La Ceiba. They rent fully-equipped cabins (kitchenette, living room) for families. Very nice, quiet and family oriented place I went there last winter and I really liked it. They got a website www.villahelens.com

David

Montreal, Canada

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: family accommodation la ceiba

Hi Caytig,

I am usually hesitant to recommend travel destinations to people because of differing tastes and expectations. However, I must agree with David. Helen's Villas is a nice inexpensive non-touristy locals secret that deserves mention.

My wife, 5 year old, and I stayed a few days while visiting friends and family in La Ceiba this summer. It's located about 10-15 minutes east of La Ceiba at Sambo Creek. The Hotel Canadien is right next door, but I found it too big and sterile compared with the cosy friendliness of Helen's. Helen lived in Montreal for 25 years before returning to La Ceiba with her French-Canadian husband in 98 and opening her hotel.

The restaurant serves great seafood and there are some more restaurants a short walk down the beach at Sambo Creek. The room we had was on the second floor with a large patio overlooking the guests pool with a lovely view of the Caribbean. On the weekend locals came for the day to enjoy the food and beach and by evening it was all quiet again. The beach is nice, much the same as the rest of the mainland, nothing like West Bay on Roatan, but what is. A few waves, so I felt more comfortable with my son in the pool, but many people spent their time on the beach. The area at the hotel has lots of shade from the sun and between the pool, the food, and the staff we just enjoyed ourselves for the time we were there.

Helen is a lovely person, my wife and her were friends within 5 minutes. We met people from Tegus attending at wedding at a more upscale resort close by, but they preferred staying at Helen's whenever they were in La Ceiba. If you reply to this post with your e-mail address I will send you some pictures of the hotel and us having fun at the pool and enjoying some seafood. Much better than hectic noisy Ceiba.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael

3. Re: family accommodation la ceiba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 23, 2009