We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dental Work

United States
Level Contributor
714 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Dental Work

I love going to Roatan! This year I was thinking that since I need numerous crowns, what is the reputation in dentistry in LaCeiba? Can any suggest a dentist or share an experience? Thank you!

7 replies to this topic
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dental Work

just saw this post. I am actually getting ready to book a flight to head down in June for some work, a root canal and a couple of crowns. I met a dentist back on Roa a few years back through friends who is in Ceiba.

WITH my insurance, a crown would cost me $700 each, out of pocket in the US. the costs here would run about $250 each.

I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

United States
Level Contributor
714 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dental Work

I was going to go to Mexico to have the work done, but since I travel to Roatan every year, this may be a good option.

Marysville...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dental Work

Joe, I'm confused...I thought you did have the work done in Los Algodones with Dr. Bernal??????

United States
Level Contributor
714 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dental Work

i did and going back next week. i ended up going to Los Algodones and i highly recommend Bernal.

Edited: 1:41 pm, April 27, 2017
United States
Level Contributor
714 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dental Work

That post was Apr 06, 2015, That was the beginning of my research. I ended up going in June of 2016

Ensenada, Mexico
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dental Work

How did that work out for you? What did you do? Where did you go? We are looking at going down in July and getting dome dental work done. I had some done years ago in Siguatepeque. But that's like 3 hours from La Ceiba, where we will be visiting. But that dentist took out mercury fillings and replaced them with porcelain. Now my husband needs work done, we are interested in a dentist that doesn't work with mercury. It would be nice to get the work done closer to where we will be staying.

Ensenada, Mexico
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Dental Work

How did that work out for you? What did you do? Where did you go? We are looking at going down in July and getting dome dental work done. I had some done years ago in Siguatepeque. But that's like 3 hours from La Ceiba, where we will be visiting. But that dentist took out mercury fillings and replaced them with porcelain. Now my husband needs work done, we are interested in a dentist that doesn't work with mercury. It would be nice to get the work done closer to where we will be staying.

Reply to: Dental Work
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted