We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight help

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
flight help

Daughter is volunteering in La Ceiba - can someone tell me about the bus service from SAP? is it pretty reliable and safe? She will either fly into SAP and ride bus or Fly into Roatan and ride ferry- prices to RTB have gone up so I am watching them.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: flight help

yes hopefulist i did take the mola mola picture, isla de la plata ecuador, sept. 2010. big surprise, never thought i'd see one.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,408 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: flight help

You're a lucky duck. :-)

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: flight help

the flight that I am looking at arrives at SPS at 11:20 and check in for Sosa is 1:15 for a 2:30 flight- will she be able to get thru customs etc and check in at sosa in enough time- surely that's enough time???

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,408 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: flight help

Sounds like you have a plan! That should be plenty of time but I still think she should fly carry-on only to be sure. It just takes most of the stress out of flying and arriving - no waiting and waiting and wondering if it will ever turn up on the turnstile, no lines for customs, no one digging through your stuff, no worries about checking in for the next flight, and most importantly no lost luggage which can be really disconcerting when you're arriving in a foreign country, especially when you're flying on and there's doubt it will ever find you. It's really easier than it sounds to pare things down to what you really need, which is not much. Happy trails!

http://www.onebag.com

fileden.com/files/…20Notes.pdf

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: flight help

I told her to pack in carry on only -

I am now having difficulty buying flight on Sosa- done everything right and it just won't work

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,408 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: flight help

divenuts had this advice in post 4:

alice hill of world wide travel on utila can book any of these flights, sosa is a little unresponsive sometimes to customer emails.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,408 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: flight help

Don't know if it's too late or would apply to you but I just received an email alert from farecompare.com that flights from the Pacific NW to Roatán and SAP have dropped by a third!!

18. Re: flight help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, October 29, 2012