We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conquest Vacations filed for bankruptcy

Which La Ceiba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Conquest Vacations filed for bankruptcy

FYI

http://www.conquestvacations.com/

Hope this doesn't affect anyone in Hoduras now. I read stories of some resorts elsewhere kicking guests out unless they come up with some cash because they had not been paid yet by Conquest!

Wont come up online, but I believe they were running charters till next week.

Anyone heard anything?

Sure hope someone else picks up charters to Palma Real, I for one will miss the direct flights!

D

Dover, Ohio
Level Contributor
365 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conquest Vacations filed for bankruptcy

Yikes! I hope that no one has any nightmare travels (or lack thereof) over this one!!

I do have to ask...when you say direct flights, do you mean a direct flight into LaCeiba? From where? I know this is Canadian based, but I don't know exactly which part of Canada. We often have to take four separate flights (and switch our bags from a US carrier to Taca in Miami...not always what I'd call a smooth transition.) A couple of times we've been able to fly to Atlanta and then have a direct to Roatan, after which, if all is on schedule, we have time to catch the last ferry to LaCeiba. Again, a bit of work to get where we're going. As we live in Northeast Ohio, it may be worth it to us to drive up to Canada to catch a direct flight, if there continues to be one, that is.

Thanks!

ee

Ottawa
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conquest Vacations filed for bankruptcy

Toronto, and they just added Calgary this year, and maybe I'm wrong but British Columbia also. Another company Tours Mont-Royal runs them out of Montreal.

Usually run Dec-April. Airfare was usually around $700-800. About the same as going off season, just more convenient and direct.

I usually do Montreal-Miami-SanPedro-Ceiba in off season, but have done the Altanta route as well among others. TACA is a baggage nightmare, lost a peice or 2 more than once, always get it back, but still... They tend to sell cargo space and throw off luggage, least on the LCE SAP route. I will be looking at going to Roatan next time just to avoid Taca, some of our friends do that one all the time.

D

Dover, Ohio
Level Contributor
365 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Conquest Vacations filed for bankruptcy

Thanks, Dave! It might be worth our while to look into a Toronto-Ceiba flight as we're not all that far.

This is our fifth year going and the last two years we took the ATL-RTB option which worked out pretty well. This year, probably because our dates are different, the cost was out of site and we got decent rates doing the Delta in the States/Taca to and in Honduras route.

I am very worried about our bags though. The first year NONE of our four bags filled with thousands of dollars in dental equipment made it to Ceiba with us. Thank the Good Lord Above, they arrived the next day, but I was nearly beside myself that first night. The second year, they didn't make it from LCB to San Pedro with us, but they came just a little late and in time to make our flight to the US. Sheesh!

It's really important to us to have them on time in Ceiba this year as we have to meet our bush pilot and get out to La Mosquitia ASAP. I'm afraid to ask for "special treatment" though out of fear that they may go missing altogether.

ee

4. Re: Conquest Vacations filed for bankruptcy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, October 20, 2009