We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pico Bonito Lodge drinks?

Ontario
Level Contributor
751 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Pico Bonito Lodge drinks?

Does anyone know the approximate prices of drinks at this lodge?

In several reviews there are complaints about food prices but no drink prices.

Thanks!

La Ceiba, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pico Bonito Lodge drinks?

Boo -

Figure on US prices and you will be pleasantly surprised. What sneaks up on you in Honduras is the 12% general sales tax, the 15% tax on beer and liquor, the 16% tax on lodging and, at the Lodge, the 10% gratutiy add on.

Still, for what you pay, the Lodge is a great place and very professionally run.

Charlie Meador, Coco Pando, La Ceiba, Honduras

Ontario
Level Contributor
751 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pico Bonito Lodge drinks?

Ok--so the tax issue..?

I read on their website that the tax was...16% country tax and 10% service charge

So do you need to add 15% on top for beer and liq. tax? That means now that a $2 beer is now $2.82....is that how it works?

I am not grumbling I just want to understand before I get there so there is hopefully less confusion!

La Ceiba, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pico Bonito Lodge drinks?

Boo -

I think the $2.00 beer would be $2.50 with 15% liquor tax and 10% gratuity.

On rooms the 16% tax is a combination of 12% general sales and a 4% add-on for tourist tax.

Based on the web site, the Lodge would add a 10% gratuity to that, so that your advertised $220 lowest priced peak season (now) room would end up at $277.20.

Charlie Meador, Coco Pando, La Ceiba, Honduras

Ontario
Level Contributor
751 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pico Bonito Lodge drinks?

Thanks!

Boo

5. Re: Pico Bonito Lodge drinks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, September 20, 2009