We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Companies

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Tour Companies

Hello,

We are heading down to La Ceiba next week (staying at the Palma Real Beach hotel).

We are interested in taking some of the day trips / excursions while we're there. In particular, we would like to do the canopy tour, snorkelling at Cayos Cochinos, and an afternoon of white water rafting.

I know that there is tour company (Touraser) who operates out of the hotel. However, I have also heard excellent things about other tour companies, including Omega Tours and Honduras Tourist Options.

Can anyone recommend who would be the best company to contact for our excursions?

Also, I have never white water rafted before. Is there a particular rafting trip that you can recommend that will not be too difficult?

Thanks very much,

Erin

La Ceiba, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Companies

Erin -

Omega is an excellent company and not nearly as pricey as Touraser but once you add the cost of the trip to their facility from well outside La Ceiba where you will be they probably work out about the same.

So no one misunderstands me (including the folks from Touraser who monitor comments here), I have not heard anything bad about Touraser, we just have not worked with them as closely as we have with Omega.

Toursaer definitely has the location advantage on trips to the Cayos Cochinos.

Charlie Meador, Coco Pando, La Ceiba, Honduras

orangeville
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Companies

We booked 2 tours with Touriser last Jan. at the hotel. Prices were ok and it only took 10 mins.out of our busy day. Do the zip line, only 10 mins. from the hotel and it was a gas.

3. Re: Tour Companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 17, 2009