We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

immunizations for Honduras islands and la ceiba

Which La Ceiba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
1 post
Save Topic
immunizations for Honduras islands and la ceiba

First time for my sister and I going to Honduras. Will we need to take malaria pills...we'll mostly be on the beaches, la ceiba, Roatan and Ulita. Any other health considerations? bebito1

La Ceiba, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: immunizations for Honduras islands and la ceiba

Bebito -

Supposedly the malaria strain in Honduras is a very mild one and the preventative (chloroquine) is also prescribed as the cure. But you are so much better served by consulting your family doctor as opposed to a travel board on the question.

On my first trip to Honduras my doctor went through the gamet to make sure that everything was up to date (Hep A and B, tetanus) and gave me a prescription for a heavy duty antibiotic in case I ran into a tasty but not too healthy food dish that pepto would not handle. All in addition to the malaria regime.

Take your health seriously and have fun!

Charlie Meador, Coco Pando, La Ceiba, Honduras

2. Re: immunizations for Honduras islands and la ceiba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, September 03, 2009