We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is Carnival in La Ceiba?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
When is Carnival in La Ceiba?

¡Hola! Can anyone tell me when Carnival is this year? Is it in May?

Thanks!

Northampton...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: When is Carnival in La Ceiba?

To the best of my understanding the tour books say Carnaval is on the third Saturday of each May so this year it is May 19th but this isn't exactly true: Carnaval WEEK starts on the 19th; the following Friday night the 25th is when the all night party takes place and the parade happens the next day Saturday the 26th. More than one hotel manager told me this.

Tennessee
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: When is Carnival in La Ceiba?

Bucky is correct with his dates, we will be heading over on the 23rd.

Wade

La Lima, Honduras
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: When is Carnival in La Ceiba?

Is that true? Funny,I'm right here at La Lima, Honduras, and can't get an aswer to that question. I just saw it posted that Carnaval was the 15th through the 21st.... But then again.....

Please let me know if any news comes up, and I'll also try to get OFFICIAL information.

enriqueromero@infovia.hn

San Francisco
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: When is Carnival in La Ceiba?

Well, Is it gonna be on the 18th, or the 25th of May? I would like to go. See you all there.

La Lima, Honduras
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: When is Carnival in La Ceiba?

I do not want to misguide anyone, but I was told by a friend who plans on going that the big day's next saturday.

La Ceiba, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: When is Carnival in La Ceiba?

Buckey's information appears to be correct. This is always the $24 question in La Ceiba to which no one has an authoritative ahead of time.

Up until a couple of months ago the La Ceiba tourist board folks were saying the big parade and party (the only thing anyone wants to see, or avoid, as the case may be) was going to be on the 19th. Now they have changed their tune and are saying the it will be on the 26th.

There is a new web site up for the Carnaval at http://www.carnavaldeceiba.com/index.htm which puts it at the 26th.

Stay through the two weekends and you are sure to catch it.

Charlie Meador, Coco Pando, La Ceiba, Honduras

Tennessee
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: When is Carnival in La Ceiba?

Thanks for the info

8. Re: When is Carnival in La Ceiba?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, September 01, 2009