We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entrance fee to Copan

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Entrance fee to Copan

Does anyone who has been there recently know what the entrance fee is to the ruins and to the museums? I also heard there are 2 fees, one for Central Americans and one for everyone else.

Looking around online I've seen $10, $15, $18, and $30 for the ruins themselves ( not including the guides) some of this information seems to be out of date.

wix
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
832 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entrance fee to Copan

It's $15 for the ruins, and an additional $15 if you want to go in the tunnels. The museum at the site is an extra $7.

There is a much lower rate for Hondurans, but I don't believe it applies to people from other Central American countries.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
3,002 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entrance fee to Copan

its definitely worth hiring a guide, i've used them a couple of times and they were always very informative.

Portsmouth uk
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Entrance fee to Copan

Didn't hire guide as I had read a lovely book about the ruins. We had quite an adventure trying to find the ruins, as we crossed the wrong bridge on the river, so when we eventually got there, it was late so we just went into the museum, which was very informative and set us up for the ruins the next day.

We thought that some of the guides were really hurrying their clients around, possibly so they could get the next tour and obviously more money. Guides were between $30 and $40.

A mistake we made was not paying the extra for the tunnels at the entrance to the ruins, because you cannot pay at the entrance to the tunnels.

Copan is a lovely place. It is worth a visit to Macaw mountain and evidently the Hot springs were great although we didn't have time for those. L.

4. Re: Entrance fee to Copan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 24, 2015