We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours from San Pedro Sula to the ruins?

Which Copan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Tours from San Pedro Sula to the ruins?

Hello,

We are only in San Pedro Sula for one day (en route to Belize), but we would really like to see the Copan Ruins. Is this an easy day trip by bus? Or are there any tour operators around that do such tours?

Thank you for your help!

Tegucigalpa...
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours from San Pedro Sula to the ruins?

Copan Ruins would be too far to do it in one day, it takes about 4 hours to get there in bus, you would need the whole day to maybe have a glance and 4 hours back, plus I don't think you would be able to catch a late bus.

If you hire a private driver that would be a different story.

Have fun

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,148 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours from San Pedro Sula to the ruins?

I agree. I've enjoyed using Hedman Alas buses in Honduras but the schedules wouldn't work for a day trip. http://www.hedmanalas.com

Even with a private driver you'd be spending twice as much time on the road as at the site. If you decide to use private transport, I've had great luck with a driver named Miguel Martel: 962-00372 (dial 011 504 first if calling from the US); I've read his email address is andresik04@hotmail.com but haven't used it. Hope that helps. Happy trails!

3. Re: Tours from San Pedro Sula to the ruins?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 23, 2014