We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide for the Copan Ruins

Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
212 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Guide for the Copan Ruins

I'm looking for a guide for a day at the Ruins. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide for the Copan Ruins

your hotel can probably recommend/arrange someone or if you just go to the ruins there are officially licensed guides hanging around the entrance waiting to be hired. expect to pay $35-50 for a 3-4.5 hr guided tour plus the entrance fee.

we've used guided organized by our hotels and have just hired guides at the site and all were good.

be sure to go into the sculpture museum, its next to the ruins and very good.

wix
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
771 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide for the Copan Ruins

We used Saul, a veteran and interesting guide who was knowledgeable and speaks great English. There were four of us, and it was $5 each for a four-hour tour. Probably more for an individual tour, but I wouldn't expect $50.

You could just show up at the ruins and ask for him, but if you're interested I could try and get contact info. (We live in Copan now.)

london
Level Contributor
237 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide for the Copan Ruins

Tour at the Ruinas is $25 at the office, or $30 max for a pick up and the better guides. Twisted will book one for you that they like!

Los Altos
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide for the Copan Ruins

We had Maya Temple tours take us to Copan from San Pedro Sula for a 1 day tour . A long 3 hour drive, each way, in a comfortable mini bus . Marielle was most helpful and Rafael , our driver/guide helpful and responsible . I would not have wanted to be driving ourselves . I highly recommend this company !

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
369 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guide for the Copan Ruins

You can hire an experienced bilingual guide in front of the Visitors Center for $30, no reservations are required. Most are members of the Copan Guide Assoc (but not all) and have credentials hanging from their neck to prove it. You shouldn't pay more than this.

6. Re: Guide for the Copan Ruins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:42 am, June 18, 2013