We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's with this wind?

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
What's with this wind?

We are now in the blue bayou area and seem to be taking a direct hit from this wind. Weather reports say wind is mild but not so here. Patio chairs are being blown all around. Even had to put a sweatshirt on. Will the wind lay down soon? Looking forward to snorkeling tomorrow.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,998 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's with this wind?

i think there's a storm coming

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's with this wind?

Ok, I now realize the wind is our friend!!!!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
584 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's with this wind?

Sand flies?

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's with this wind?

Yes, they are hungry!! We're almost out of bug spray but husband is going to town now to get more. I am using a combo of spray with 25% deet and a nice smelling eucalyptus-lemon oil spray. But you need to be very diligent and spray everywhere and you should be fine. Wind is very light now. It's an overcast day and rain has stopped so they were out in full force earlier. This is the only rain we've had since we got here.

My bites don't itch too terribly for me and pretty much stop itching after a day or so b/c my reaction has steadily been decreasing over the years.

Also bring lots of sunscreen. The sun is very intense here.

5. Re: What's with this wind?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 20, 2015