We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Utila/Copan travel

Vancouver
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Utila/Copan travel

Recommendations? Am happy to fly, but there don't seem to be any scheduled flights. Right now the best bet seems to be flying Utils/SPS then getting a driver to get us there.

TIA - R.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,114 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Utila/Copan travel

Yes, though UTI>SAP flights are much fewer and further between than Roatán (RTB)>SAP flights. The Hedman Alas buses are a nice way to go from San Pedro Sula; you'd have to take a Hedman shuttle (if the schedule fits) or taxi to the bus station.

www.hedmanalas.com

If you choose to hire a driver, I had a great experience with a private driver named Miguel Martel 962-00372 (dial 011-504 first if calling from the US). I've read his email address is andresik04@hotmail.com , though I haven't used it. Happy trails!

Mentioned in this post
San Pedro Sula
San Pedro Sula
Cortes Department, Honduras
Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
3,022 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Utila/Copan travel

contact alice hill at worldwide travel on utila, she can get you on a flight from san pedro sula to la ceiba any day at 3pm

3. Re: Utila/Copan travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, December 17, 2013
;