We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Captain Rusty and Cayos Cochinos

Which Utila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Captain Rusty and Cayos Cochinos

Has anyone went on a sailboat cruise with Captain Rusty out of Utila? If so, did he dive w/ you or take u to dive sites?

Is C.Cochinos more for snorkeling or diving?

Thanks!

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Captain Rusty and Cayos Cochinos

you can dive, rusty knows where the best sites are but he won't act as a dive master so you'll be diving with just your buddy (if you have one). you'll also need to rent tanks (easy to do in utila for around $10 each) and any other equipment you may need. the snorkeling is great but the diving is even better.

Utila
Level Contributor
14 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Captain Rusty and Cayos Cochinos

There is diving on Cayos Cochinos however in my experience it is not worth it. They have beautiful corals however the sealife is not all that great; Utila is better.

I know this because I run a boat charter and go to Cayos frequently. The snorkeling is very good there.

There are no emergency facilities there in the event of an accident.

3. Re: Captain Rusty and Cayos Cochinos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, December 17, 2013