We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half Moon Bay area dive recommendation

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huntington Beach
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Half Moon Bay area dive recommendation

We will be staying @ a rental in Half Moon Bay in Sept. Seeking

recommendations for dive operators. We have 3 certified divers needing refresher course. 1 seeking ow cert. & 2 snokerlers, only.

Looking @ Subway, Native Sons, Coconut Tree . We like the idea of day trip to Pigeon Cay, etc. Like small, personalized service. Any experiences or suggestions to share?

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half Moon Bay area dive recommendation

Subway is very well recommended but as far as I know it is out of French Harbour and so not the least bit convenient for you. Both Native Sons and Coconut Tree are good choices. Don't worry about pre-booking. When you arrive, go and check them out. Coconut Tree is right at the one and only main intersection. Native Sons is across the road from the Sundowner Beach Bar, situated almost dead center on Halfmoon Bay itself. Based on your desire for a smaller outfit, I'd go with Native Sons.

Now, depending on exactly where your rental is on Halfmoon Bay, my answer could be a bit different. If you are on the left hand side of the horseshoe shape of Halfmoon Bay (assuming you were looking at it from the bottom of the U), then you might also want to check out Ocean Connections. They will be more convenient to you and a nice little operation.

Huntington Beach
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Half Moon Bay area dive recommendation

Yes, we will be staying on the left- side of the bay.. so we will check out Ocean Connections, too. Thank you!

Alberta Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Half Moon Bay area dive recommendation

I suggest Coconut Tree Divers. Great group of people.

Talk to Tree. He's knows it all!

You will find Roatan so laid back and easy to find things to do... or not. No real need to go crazy trying to book everything in advance. Once you get there you'll know what I mean.

Have a great time.

4. Re: Half Moon Bay area dive recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 20, 2009