We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

French Village

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
French Village

How does one get from West Bay to French Village? Is a car or a taxi the only choice? Has anyone ever rented a car on Roatan? What is the driving/costs like? thanks

Kansas City
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: French Village

From West Bay to French Harbour??

If that is what you are referring to then you would just take the main (paved) road from West Bay beach towards West End and hang a right...follow that road to the east, past Coxen Hole and you will eventually pass through French Harbour. It is a fairly lengthy trip (about 30 minutes each way). I rented a car from Caribbean Rent a Car which is located at the airport. Talk with Rosa and she will take good care of you....they came highly recommended to me and I was not disappointed. The cost for the rental is about $50/day, but that is about what you will spend on a taxi going that far. The driving is not nearly as bad as I had heard in terms of crazy drivers etc. I had no problems driving in Roatan other than the road in West End during the rainy season is awful.

2. Re: French Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, August 20, 2009