We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

salt and pepper

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
531 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
salt and pepper

Hello from New Hampshire! My husband and I will be in Roatan for a day on a cruise ship stop this upcoming February. I have been been on the Salt N'Pepper site and they offer an introductory dive adventure (up to 60' with a guide) that also includes a Caribbean lobster lunch and cruise ship pick up/drop off for $85.00 Has anyone used this company for snorkeling, diving, beach BBQ day etc.? Please advise as to whether they are a good company and your experience with them. Thanks alot!

Montgomery Alabama
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: salt and pepper

Bonnie, I would re read whatever it is you saw. I am sure that no one on the Island wants to mislead but If this is an Intro to scuba type thing then PADI Standards say it must not be deeper than 40 feet, and a maximum ratio of students to Instructors with "Certified" assistants being 6-1, Ask to see proof of being a certified asistant IE: divemaster or Assistant instructor, or other instructor. You make the call, these are PADI standards, if someone is offering a Padi program that goes deeper than 40 feet then they are breaking the standards by going deeper. Scuba is a very easy thing to do, until something goes wrong. The time to consider these things isn't after a loved one has been hurt or worse, Thats why the standards are in place. I beleive all other agencies have similar rules

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: salt and pepper

Frankly, I'm against the intro to scuba. As RoatanBob said, scuba is a relatively safe sport, but that is after one had been properly trained and applies that training. Also, he is perfectly correct about the depth.

Go snorkelling down at West Bay. Lovely.

3. Re: salt and pepper

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 19, 2009