We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats your favorite ALL INCLUSIVE - Why? Where?

Florida
Level Contributor
95 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Whats your favorite ALL INCLUSIVE - Why? Where?

Hubby and I have Free Airline Tickets - They are good to USA, Canada, Mexico, Carribean or Central America. Our last trip was to Couples Sans Souci in Jamaica and my hard to please husband really enjoyed that. I've been searching google and there are SO MANY all inclusives nowadays. I'd love to hear some favorites as they are not always what their brochures or websites make them appear to be. Thanks :) p.s. We can travel any time in the next 6 months.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats your favorite ALL INCLUSIVE - Why? Where?

luv2travelallthetime:

Hey:

We have a few favourites, here we go:

1. Jamaica---Royal Decameron Club Caribean in Runaway Bay.

You stay in your own huts right on the beach, great resort.

2. Jamaica---Holiday Inn Sunspree in Montego Bay.

Has an island you can wade out to and sunbathe on.

3. Jamaica---Hedonism III in Negril.

Clear waterslide that winds through the bar!!

4. Domincan Republic---Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus in

Bayahibe, 5 star resort---worth every penny!!!

5. Curacao---Breezes Curacao.

Lots of activities, beside an underwater aquarium

6. Cuba---Sol Melia in either Cayo Coco or Cayo Guilmero.

You can walk into the water and out for miles ankle deep, hammocks right in the ocean and you slowly get wet as tide comes in.

7. Cozumel---Iberostar Cozumel.

Huts built into the gardens and some on the beach

Cayo Guilmero (sp??) is where Hemingway wrote his novels.

As you can see we do favour Jamaica!!

However, the others are all fantastic destinations we also love.

Hope this helps,

Taly

durango, co
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats your favorite ALL INCLUSIVE - Why? Where?

I agree with the Cozumel Iberostar especially if you are divers or want to learn. Cozumel is a beautiful island, renting a car and driving to the other side to check out the beaches is a must. This resort has a very tropical feel with calm water at the beach. Only downside for me was the "americanized food" (to be expected with AI).

You also might want to check out Iberostar Tucan or Maya outside of Playa de Carmen. They are closer to the town if you like to experience night life outside the resort. Both of these were great as well. Service in all 3 are phenominal.

Seminole, Florida
Level Contributor
616 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats your favorite ALL INCLUSIVE - Why? Where?

Breezes Runaway Bay is in the process of being remodeled and reopens 12/16/06. We've been 5 times before the remodeling and loved it! Can't wait to see it now--we're going in April 2007.

Royal Decameron Club Caribbean in Runaway Bay is by far the best bang for your buck in Jamaica. Huts right on the beach are the most expensive, but still very reasonable and worth it. This place, however, is not fancy at all, yet very nice. Swept Away is lovely with a wonder ful beach if you are "30 something" and in good shape. Many "buff bodies" there as it is known for all it's workuot equipment and instructors. RIU Negril is beautiful , the beach is superb and the rooms are luxurious,but there are many children. However, because many Europeans go there, the children are well behaved unless you go at a time that is an American holiday (I'm American, so I can be critical)

CT
Level Contributor
2,144 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats your favorite ALL INCLUSIVE - Why? Where?

We are headed to IB Lindo in 2007. Although our first trip to IB property it is our third trip to Mexico. Our priorities were a family oriented AI with a great beach and fun activities for our son. I can't wait, this property looks stunning and the reviews are great!!! I know my son is going to love the pools and my hubby is going to love the AC'd ala carte restaurants that you can reserve for EACH night of your stay. For me, I love a great massage on the beach and reading a great book in the hammock, drink in hand!!!

5. Re: Whats your favorite ALL INCLUSIVE - Why? Where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Roatan