We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to book our trip to Roatan

NYC
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to book our trip to Roatan

Hello!

We are thinking of travelling on Aug 18 to Roatan for 1 week. I like Island Pearl and Palmetto Bay,,should I book the flights separately? I don't think I have seen any packages for air and hotel for Island Pearl. Any suggestions to keep the price fair?

thanks

Montgomery Alabama
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to book our trip to Roatan

If you travel on the 18th you will not be able to fly direct from the US to Roatan. Best bets would be to travel on one of the direct flights on the weekend. Taca, Continental, and Delta all Fly direct on either Sat or Sunday. Delta from Atlanta, Continental from Houston, and Taca from Houston or Miami.

As far as package pricing goes it is pretty simple. If someone has a package including air , not many places do this, then just compare that price with what the airlines tell you and the cost of the Hotel and go with the best one.

La Ceiba, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to book our trip to Roatan

Dian -

Not too many shopping days left between now and the 18th of August. Bob gave you a rundown on the airline possibilities but, as he correctly points out, you will have to route through San Pedro Sula (SAP) as you will not find a direct to Roatan on a Friday.

There are three local airlines connecting to Roatan out of San Pedro Sula, but only Islena Airlines (a TACA subsidiary) allows you to book on line and it has the only late afternoon flight to Roatan (RTB).

If flying TACA be careful not to get robbed on the Roatan leg of the flight. Based on rates today TACA.com charges $402 for a round trip ticket (Miami to San Pedro Sula) Aug 18 to Aug 25. They charge $700 round trip ticket (Miami to Roatan) on the same dates. You can book the San Pedro Sula to Roatan leg of the trip on Islena (same airline and flights) for $161 and save about $140.

Islena is on the web at http://www.flyislena.com/

Have fun!

Charlie Meador, Coco Pando, La Ceiba, Honduras

3. Re: Best way to book our trip to Roatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, August 15, 2009