We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Grorphi's Hideaway / Rudy's?

philadelphia
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Info on Grorphi's Hideaway / Rudy's?

Has anyone every been to or heard abt Georphi's tropical hideaway in West End? Rudy' restuant is supposed to be there too. My husband and I were wondering what it was like. Also how's the weather in early Oct.?

Santa Rosa Beach...
Level Contributor
625 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on Grorphi's Hideaway / Rudy's?

I haven't been there in October, but I discovered some rainfall data for the Bay Islands that I posted here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=139726&highlight=Roatan+Facts

As you can see, rainfall in Roatan averages almost 18" in October, so if you go there then, you had better be prepared for rain! That's more rain than I would want to deal with on a vacation. Also, October is still very much the hurricane season, especially in the southwest Caribbean where Roatan is located.

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on Grorphi's Hideaway / Rudy's?

My friends stayed at Georphi's this year. They loved it. The rooms aren't what sells this place, though my friends said they were comfortable (and they weren't all staying in the same rooms either). It is well run and has these fabulous decks in the trees. It's like staying in a tree house in the jungle. The price was excellent.

I was quite taken with the ambiance of the outdoor areas and it was certainly more quiet than where I stay.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Info on Grorphi's Hideaway / Rudy's?

Seashell Thanks -it looks like the beach is across the street- is that true? and how is the beach as good as West Bay?

Montgomery Alabama
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Info on Grorphi's Hideaway / Rudy's?

The beach is accross the road and cannot compare to West Bay but can you expect it to for the difference in price?

5. Re: Info on Grorphi's Hideaway / Rudy's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, August 13, 2009