We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when to go?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
when to go?

My wife and I pretty well decided we're going to Roatan on our next trip, We'll probably stay at the infinity spa resort. Its fairly new, looks nice, good service and close to the beach, town and all the activities we like. And the price is good.

The dilemma we're having is when to go. We're flexible and would like to get there in a non peak season,cooler than ave. and the least possibility of rain. I know its unpredictable especially lately but assuming the weather is gonna act normal when would that be. At first I thought Nov.,then Oct.which would be great because that's the earliest we can go, I should mention we(she) has a trip to Asia coming up in Aug.- Sept.So we won't be going anywhere for a few weeks after that,but if it normally rains hard at that time we can wait until late Jan. early Feb. Any thought?

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: when to go?

If you read your previous post you will see I posted a pretty detailed and accurate website about the weather.

Where do you plan on staying? If not in the most tourist oriented places of West Bay or West End then you will notice little difference on cruise days, on non cruise days Roatan as a whole is never really crowded except for Semana Santa AND as far as Oct/Nov go, that is when Cruise traffic and AI's out of Canada pick up

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,408 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: when to go?

of course the best time is that which is most convenient, but from the stand-point of weather Kan's post about the weather confirms what I've always suspected, that late April-early May is the best. It's also the end of the season when resort prices tend to fall. This past April we had a northerly storm (which I have never experienced before) that brought clouds and north winds but no rain. it did mess up the diving, sending us over to the south shore to dive one day. All that and no rain. And looking through my pictures from this trip I see few days even with any clouds, which is unusual. Just clear blue skies with maybe 5% cumulus cloud cover. Actually we could have used a few more clouds, for my taste, since I try to avoid the sun. I've gone in September and seen thundershowers part of every day along with humidity that would choke a horse.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
766 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: when to go?

Late Jan/early Feb could be iffy weather wise. Easter is April 20, 2104. I would avoid about 10 days before, to a week after. We go early March and that time works for our group. Weather in early March 2012 was BAD for several days in a row. Weather in 2013 was marvelous. I would think mid-March to get- out- of -town by April 10th would be good. There are plus sides to going during peak season as well. More airline frequency. If you book a condo well in advance, it really isn't that much more expensive and you can get the exact dates you want. Pm me if you want details on private condos and airfare itineraries.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: when to go?

All that would be needed to avoid Semana Santa crouds is to avoid the week or week and a half before Easter, By the Monday after Easter most everything is back to normal Island life

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: when to go?

thanks for your input. Looks like we'll have to wait until late Feb. early March

Tegucigalpa...
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: when to go?

Usually June gets HUGE discounts from Infinity Bay up to 60%, so something to consider

7. Re: when to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 04, 2014