Hey all. I know this thread is one of a million in regards to snorkeling, but I’ve been researching the forums and compiled this list and wanted to consult with you on some things I was not clear on. We are staying for two weeks (in Punta Blanca) and plan to get a lot of snorkeling in. My partner and I have been to Roatan for a day last year on a cruise (it sold us!) and we are bringing our friend this time. We are definitely going to do West Bay again so our friend can experience it as well. Also, we are renting a car for the two weeks so we can go exploring.
Here are the places I’ve gathered are good places to snorkel based on what I’ve read here on TA, and the info that I’ve gathered regarding them. Can some of you take a stab at some of my questions, and/or confirm what I have down already?
1. West Bay – you can walk out to the reef. Where should we park our car around here for access?
2. Pristine Bay – kayak or boat ride out. Any recommendations on a kayak or boat company that will take us out?
3. Blue Channel – boat ride out. Any recommendations on a boat/tour company to take us out?
4. Camp Bay near Sirena – can explore from shore. La Sirena is further east than Punta Blanca, right?
5. Smuggler’s Cove – at Smuggler’s Cove Restaurant at the Meridian, snorkel off their beach. Can be reached by the main road, past Infinity Bay parking lot, on right at tip of island.
6. Port Royal – Not sure how to access this spot, what I read was not clear.
7. Reef off Luna Beach – Not sure how to access this, same as above.
8. Reef off Xbalanque – Not sure how to access this, same as above.
General question: if we could only do a few of these spots, which would you recommend as the top spots?
Also, the house we are renting is on the beach, so we will definitely be trying out the snorkeling there. I’m not sure how far out the reef is though. I’ve also been in contact with Marble Hill Farms and we can rent a kayak from them, as they are very close to us, and venture out as well.
I know that some of these questions may seem redundant for some of you experts, but I really do appreciate your expertise and your time in answering!