We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisas Del Mar (Politilly) or Pirates View (Sandy Bay) ?

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
155 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Brisas Del Mar (Politilly) or Pirates View (Sandy Bay) ?

HI all -

I know its all a matter of taste... but we are looking to book between these two villas for next year. Has anyone stayed at either of these villas? Pirates View was called Dolphin Casa up to last year when it got a new owner. They are pretty much wide open for next year, is suppose to be on the beach and has some restaurants within walking distance. We are thinking Brisas might be two far away.. (i.e. no restaurants to walk to) but looks amazing and is almost all booked for next winter!.. both are offering a car.. ..any advise, comments is HUGELY appreciated. Thank you.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisas Del Mar (Politilly) or Pirates View (Sandy Bay) ?

I sent you a PM.

Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisas Del Mar (Politilly) or Pirates View (Sandy Bay) ?

Why not post here longfish?

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
60 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisas Del Mar (Politilly) or Pirates View (Sandy Bay) ?

Yeah I think that info would be helpful . Tats what te forum s about .. Weird

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisas Del Mar (Politilly) or Pirates View (Sandy Bay) ?

We stayed at Brisas Del Mar this past October and loved it. We rented a house between West Bay and West End last summer and I preferred Brisas. The house is really nice and the grounds are very pretty. Keep in mind that there's no air conditioner. We were there in October and it rained a lot, so it wasn't terrible, but if you we're there on a hot, dry week, it could be a little uncomfortable. I never felt like we were too far away from anything. We ended up going to places we probably wouldn't have gone to if we'd been staying on the west end. It's definitely more remote, but that's what we were looking for. Having a car, included in the price of the rental, is really nice.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Brisas Del Mar (Politilly) or Pirates View (Sandy Bay) ?

A bit late in a reply here but we spent a week at Mariposa Del Mar in March. Mariposa del Mar is in the same compound as Brisas Del Mar (there are three homes on the property). We loved the property and our house. One night there was a pizza palapa get together for all houses so we all shared tours of the other homes. Brisas was very nice. The owners, managers and staff are great. The location is somewhat isolated so if you want to go out every night, this might not be the place. We went out to dinner one night, we went grocery shopping but otherwise enjoyed the time at the house. It had everything we wanted - kayaks, vehicle, massage, snorkeling from dock and dive boat picked up our divers from our private dock and Rosa to cook for us several nights.

6. Re: Brisas Del Mar (Politilly) or Pirates View (Sandy Bay) ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 24, 2014