We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling in Sept

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, tx
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
traveling in Sept

Hi, is taking a week vacation, sept 7 thru 14 , a bad time to go? weather wise?

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traveling in Sept

From what I understand Sept is the calm before the storms start.. it should be HOT and STILL. If you can stand the heat the water should be so clear your brain can not fathom just how deep it is. :0)

The bugs may be relentless.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,057 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traveling in Sept

it will be hot and muggy in Sept, sort of like Austin I guess. It's not a bad time to go if the alternative is staying home. But yes, humid. Roatan is south of the preferred hurricane track, but it still will see some serious rain part of nearly every day, and thunderstorms overnight. The runoff can on occasion cancel the diving. I don't like air conditioning, but often the alternative is sitting in the ocean up to your neck. Which rather appeals right now. Since there are a lot of other places in the world where Sept is the BEST time to go, going to R may not be the best choice. But clearly early Sept would be preferable to late Sept.

USA
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: traveling in Sept

I disagree, September is a great time to go. It is the slowest time of the year tourist wise, the cruise ships are pretty much done for the year, and being in between seasons the weather can be fantastic even if it is a bit more humid than usual. One year in March it rained for three weeks straight so you just never know. As far as the bugs go, spring is much worse imho.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: traveling in Sept

i've spent several septembers in the bay islands and its one of my favorite months. rarely any rain, the water is gin clear and in the mid 80'sf and with the sea breeze humidity is generally only a problem if you prefer to sleep without a/c.

ont
Level Contributor
424 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: traveling in Sept

not sure on the weekend it happens in september maybe google it , but there is a large fishing derby on the island , so the population of visitors goes up a bit !!

we have been in sept and the weather we seen was good , not yet rainy season !!!!!!!

Austin, tx
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: traveling in Sept

Thank you all for your opinions

7. Re: traveling in Sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 26, 2014