We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to buy swimwear

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
637 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to buy swimwear

Hello,

Arriving next week for our fist time visit. The first few days will be in the West Bay area, can anyone please direct me to the best place I could find some swimwear. I'm particularly looking for long sleeve, UPF protected, swim shirts.

Thanks a million.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Best place to buy swimwear

Many dive shops sell rash guards down there at good prices as well. Infinity divers at infinity bay have short and long sleeve mares rash gaurds for like 40 bucks.

NYC
Level Contributor
637 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best place to buy swimwear

Thanks again. Managed to make it to a couple of stores today and picked up a couple for only $20 each. Now for some sea and sun!

Moses Lake...
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best place to buy swimwear

Check out Anthony's Keys. They have a nice gift shop with alot of swimwear.

Roatan
Level Contributor
621 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best place to buy swimwear

I think you would be able to find what you're looking for at Mares, or some of the dive shops...prices here are not always outrageous and you would be helping the local economy as well. I bought my snorkel vest at the gift shop on Maya Cay and it was very reasonably priced. Rule of thumb for us...if it's an absolutely MUST have and you need to be guaranteed to find it then you'd better bring it from home. Otherwise look for it here.

NYC
Level Contributor
637 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best place to buy swimwear

Well, certainly glad I brought my long sleeved SPF shirt, or I'd be toast by now! Weather has been really hot :-)

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Best place to buy swimwear

LOL, Dub, This really hot weather is normal.

NYC
Level Contributor
637 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Best place to buy swimwear

lol .... I was just testing you Kan!! Actually, day before we left, was nice and cool, along with some torrential downpours!... but it cleared up in the evening.

Well, I found some long shirts at Mares in West End .... but I passed, as they were double the price of them here in NYC.

18. Re: Best place to buy swimwear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 30, 2014