We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toddlers in Roatan resorts

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Toddlers in Roatan resorts

Hi,

We are considering Honduras for our next vacation this March. I know it is geared toward diving but was wondering how suited the area and resorts are to a 3 1/2 year old (we may snorkel but probably not dive)? There are a selection of resorts accessible to us, Media Luna, Henry Morgan and Fantasy Island seeming the top three.

She is well traveled and happy on a beach but certainly happier if other children are about. We don't need a 'kid's club' but a smaller pool would be nice.

I also realize there is a malaria risk and we will speak to our ped. about precautions.

Thanks,

h

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toddlers in Roatan resorts

I'd suggest Mayan Princess or Infinity Bay on West Bay Beach as baby friendly....

I love Henry Morgan but it's not for everyone, a little more "rustic" than the above two.

Media Luna is lovely, but quite remote and the beach isn't as nice as WBB....( although toddlers are pretty easy to please, sand, bucket/ shovel/ calm water, lol )

* they all have pools.

* I'd be a bit wary of Fantasy Island......

2. Re: Toddlers in Roatan resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, February 21, 2013
Sudbury, Ontario
Level Contributor
801 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toddlers in Roatan resorts

We are presently staying at henry morgan (changed before arriving from fantasy island) and there are lots people here with kids right from enfants to teens. While there is no kids pool here there are several large steps that one could play on in the pool. We are considering bringing our 4 year old grandson here in april for a week. Lots of room on the beach and he can play at the edge of the water or wade in a bit before it's over his head. The only thing i would bring extra would be floaties & snacks for him as you can't get any snacks between meals except donuts at the beach bar around 3:30.

Mary Jane

"Never Sweat the Small Stuff"

Sudbury, Ontario
Level Contributor
801 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toddlers in Roatan resorts

We are presently staying at henry morgan (changed before arriving from fantasy island) and there are lots people here with kids right from enfants to teens. While there is no kids pool here there are several large steps that one could play on in the pool. We are considering bringing our 4 year old grandson here in april for a week. Lots of room on the beach and he can play at the edge of the water or wade in a bit before it's over his head. The only thing i would bring extra would be floaties & snacks for him as you can't get any snacks between meals except donuts at the beach bar around 3:30.

Mary Jane

"Never Sweat the Small Stuff"

5. Re: Toddlers in Roatan resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 23, 2014