We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

should we pre book accomodation (Roatan)?

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norway
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
should we pre book accomodation (Roatan)?

Hi,

We are two couples in our late 20s who are travelling to Roatan in mid/late-may. We are leaning towards staying in the west bay-area. We are wondering whether we have to make reservations ahead, or if we can just find a place to stay as we arrive?

We would be greatful for any advice or suggestions you may have :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: should we pre book accomodation (Roatan)?

It's always a really good idea to book ahead - you would hate to be stranded. Roatan is growing more and more in popularity.... I wouldn't risk it - especially if you want to stay in West Bay, which is the more popular area on the island.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: should we pre book accomodation (Roatan)?

Book ahead of time.

B.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: should we pre book accomodation (Roatan)?

We have often traveled last minute, even during high season, often without hotels booked....and always found something( maybe we were lucky, lol ).

I believe May is "low" season, with hundreds of rooms on WBB I suspect you'd find something. Of course.... there is a "risk" things could be booked up, but I highly doubt in May. Just my opinion of course. :)

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,005 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: should we pre book accomodation (Roatan)?

yes, May is the end of the season, so there will be lots of room, maybe not at the place you would prefer, but somewhere. Some places close for a short time. But what are you going to do with your baggage while you search? You should have a list of prices you find on line, so you can recognize a bargain. West End is cheaper than West Bay. If you settle on the west part of the island, no need for a car. But if you had a reservation, perhaps the trip from the airport would be free.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: should we pre book accomodation (Roatan)?

No matter what we ALWAYS book ahead.It's not like you're headed to the next town from home.We did a lot of research and we're staying at Monkey LaLa at west bay village.They have many options for lodging from a studio to several rooms!!Check it out!!!westbayvillage.com.Whatever you do....RESEARCH IS KEY!!!!!As far as transport,check out atyourserviceroatan.com.She has taken care of all of our needs so we don't have to worry.She's priced right,too.GOOD LUCK!!!!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,639 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: should we pre book accomodation (Roatan)?

If you are not picky you'd be able to find accommodations as it is low season....however as DHauk says most places will pick you up at the airport if you have already booked accommodations with them. If you wanted to stay at Infinity Bay....try Tony on VRBO #298420...he only charges $125 night (this is much less than the other owners charge and certainly a lot less than what you'd pay booking directly through Infinity Bay) and it looks like he has availability from may 25th onward...it really depends on what type of accomodations you want.

Norway
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: should we pre book accomodation (Roatan)?

Thank you so much for your advice. I guess we should make reservations then :)

Tegucigalpa...
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: should we pre book accomodation (Roatan)?

Book ahead, have seen many travelers wanting to stay at some hotel and ended up at some place they didn't like.

Have fun

9. Re: should we pre book accomodation (Roatan)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 20, 2014