We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

henry morgan - here now

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sudbury, Ontario
Level Contributor
801 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
henry morgan - here now

Flew in yesterday (thursday), weather's great & is to stay this way all week. Not one problem experienced with resort. Ground floor rm, everything works..supper/breakfast/lunch all good...beach great. Staff friendly & full of smiles...drinks at bar good but limited various alcohol so not a big mixed drink selection - although that hasn't stop me from drinking

Don't see the swamp some were talking about...however there is some standing water here and there from all the rain and a stream/pond (?) of water by rooms..could be standing water.

Some premium booze for sale...sorry didn't ask price or really look at what kinds..but if you really can't live without whatever you drink then i would suggest bringing your own.

Wifi for week $20...per day i believe $10 or 15 and it only works in the lobby so I'm told.

2 - about 2 cups each - of bottled water in fridge on arrival.. can be refilled in reception area or by bar in lobby free. Did a quick walk fhrough store have a few basic supplies,plus water, gagerade etc.

Have not yet seen one flying bug and did not wear bug spray yet or lite my bug pic on balcony.

Well time to get out of the lobby...get another drink...and go sit by the pool

Will gladly post when i get the chance and will gladly answer questions if i can...but if you want to know the kind of booze or beer or what the water temp is you'll really have to wait till you get here.

Mary Jane & Glenn

Sudbury On

"Never Sweat the Small Stuff"

Ottawa
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: henry morgan - here now

What is building 3 like? Do they take US money?

Edited: 5:52 pm, February 08, 2013
toronto
Level Contributor
173 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: henry morgan - here now

Glad to hear you are having a good time. There have been some negative reviews lately.

We are going back for our 4'th time on Feb 21 and it is nice to hear you like the place. I guess that it has rained a lot lately and that has influenced peoples experience of Roatan and Henry Morgan. There isn't much to do there if the weather is bad but when the the sun is out the beach is one of the best.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: henry morgan - here now

www.resortsmaps.com/popup.html…

Madwayne, here is a map of rooms. Building three is marked. If you go on the website I provided they have very detailed description of rooms as well as photos, the distance from building 1 to building 3 is a 3 minute walk at most.

They do take US $.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: henry morgan - here now

Thk u for the reply. We r heading down March 14. Been to San Andres and I would expect the surroundings, hotel and food would be the same. Beautiful and tasty!

kda
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
111 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: henry morgan - here now

We were at Henry Morgan this summer...very few complaints. Food was mediocre but about what expected for price. Each night was rice and pork, but w/ some variations in how it was prepared which was nice. Lunch snacks left a little to be desired (chips and salsa, "pizza" bites) but no biggie. As for drinks...this was the one trip I actually gained weight on while eating very little. Biggest complaint was nectar was used as mixers for most tropical style drinks. Holy cow, there must be TONS of calories in that stuff! They also did not have vodka or gin. We walked to a liquor store nearby and got my bevs of choice. As for insects...I have done a fair amount of tropical traveling and this was the first place I ever encountered the sand fleas or "no see 'ums". We took a side trip to Monkey Island????...cannot remember the name. While it was a great trip, we left w/ quite a few bites. Odd looking things. We didn't think to wear bug spray and apparently the sand is not raked frequently. My next mistake was laying on the beach at the resort instead of in a chair. It was pretty apparent that is where my next batch of bites came from as they were mainly on the side I laid on. While the beach is combed throughout the day, if you lay directly on the sand, spray is a MUST. I have never been so miserable. These bites woke me up throughout the night while there and continued for nearly three weeks upon returning home. It was flat out miserable. I tried every remedy in the book but the only thing that worked was time. On our flight home I talked to a US citizen who lives in Roatan. She said to use bug spray under the tanning spray, but after living there, she eventually became "immune". My suggestion is just not to lay ON the sand. All of that being said, I am currently looking at returning this summer! Roatan has some of the most spectacular off-beach snorkeling I have ever seen. Far better than what I have done in Hawaii, other Caribbean locations, and the Great Barrier Reef. In spite of the bugs, I am totally in love w/ Roatan. Enjoy to all!

Sudbury, Ontario
Level Contributor
801 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: henry morgan - here now

Madwayne - they only take US or local cufrrency & of course credit cards

Sudbury, Ontario
Level Contributor
801 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: henry morgan - here now

Madwayne - they only take US or local cufrrency & of course credit cards

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: henry morgan - here now

kda's advice about laying on the sand is spot on. My version is that when I'm on a beach chair, I habitually dig in the sand with my feet - if I'm going to get sand flea bites, that is what is likely to generate them...

Sudbury, Ontario
Level Contributor
801 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: henry morgan - here now

Well now I wrote up an update this morning but it never made it to this site...now to remember what I said. Wifi had been working on the balcony this morning but I guess it disconnected when I hit the send button. So glad we took our own coffee supplies & kettle as I don't have to go anywhere in the am.

All meals have been just fine so far...we are very much enjoying the lunch buffet at the beach bar. Great selection - not only one kind of meat as another postered stanted and all very tastie

Good morning diving...buckets of fish...went snorkelling yesterday in front of IB...great bunches of fish there also,worth renting gear for if u don't have any.

*TIP- if you enjoy mid to late afternoon or evening snacks better pack some or plan on getting some when u arrive because as you know there is only the 3 meals here and no snacking in between.

OK drink in hand now off to explore whats to the right of HM ( facing beach)

Mary Jane & Glenn

10. Re: henry morgan - here now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 11, 2014