We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

Roatan
Level Contributor
621 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

Last Sunday we had the best experience ever in our 10 years on Roatan!!!!!! We had heard lots of great things about Ed and Julie's Catamaran tour so we were excited to go. Well we weren't disappointed! We had the best time ever!

You start your day by driving to Oakridge where you get on a small boat that takes you out to the Cat. Once onboard the drinks and food are served immediately. You are directed to coolers for refreshments and you can just help yourself. The staff comes around the boat with homemade pineapple muffins, followed by little pizza rounds, followed by homemade peanut butter cookies. All the while the staff is attending to your every need. The music is playing (great music too I might add) and people are dancing and having a great time. Soon the bloody mary's and pina coladas are being served.

We stopped for a snorkel/swim/dive at a shipwreck and then we were off again. The next stop was our lunch stop where we were served a buffet lunch of pineapple meatballs, grilled shrimp, coleslaw, rice and the most delicious homemade buns.....just awesome. The meal was fabulous. Dessert was carrot cake and chocolate cake served by the crew as we sit around the boat.

After lunch another swim/snorkel and then we head back where and this part is amazing....a pod of dolphins swim/jump/play in front of the boat for about a half hour. There were 2-3 babies in the pod swimming and jumping with their moms. Because it was a catamaran, there is no long front to the boat so as you are standing on the boat the dolphins are right at your feet....just soooo cool.

The facilities on the boat are great too. There are 4 washrooms, very clean and well equipped. That sometimes is an issue for some people who may feel the facilities may not be adequate when required but not on this boat. Everything you need, clean and convenient.

The Canadian owners, Ed and Julie are wonderful, fun people. They make you feel so welcome and really, really do their best to make the trip fun and safe. The level of service they provide is second to none!!! Many of the folks on our trip have been on Roatan or coming to Roatan for years and to a person all commented on how this was their best trip ever!!!!!!

Ed and Julie can be reached at svfreeradical@gmail.com or check out their website at www.svfreeradical.com

If you do nothing else do this...I can assure you, you WON'T be disappointed!!!!!

Roatan Webster Tours
Horseback Riding Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Caribbean Adventures Roatan
Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

yup - it's just you being cynical!

I think Jimmi actually called it their "best experience ever in our 10 years on Roatan!!!!!!" So she may have had many better days, but this "experience" was particularly fun.

I didn't think the donuts were all that great, but I sure wasn't going to criticize the folks who enjoyed The Donut Guy experience. So let's just accept that Jimmi had a great time and enjoyed the crew and the company and the circumstances...

you both contribute a lot of good stuff to this forum - let's not go to far down this personal style road too far.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,994 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

i thought so

in chicago for a couple of weeks and i'm freezing

Edited: 5:52 pm, January 16, 2013
Packer Town
Level Contributor
75 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

Great posts! We are seriously thinking about this tour, but I'm getting a bit concerned about the motion of the ocean. I can handle some action, especially with some non-drowsy dramamine on board, but definitely not the rock and roll of ocean swells. Jimmi1 should i be concerned?

Roatan
Level Contributor
621 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

Well I've obviously had the good fortune of missing someones snide, rude comments (I wonder who that could be) about my "experience". I can't imagine what I wrote that could have set this person off yet again, nor do I care.

Chillywillys, we went on a rather rough sea day and I did end up taking some Gravol and I was fine.

Roatan
Level Contributor
621 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

KnK, Oakridge is about an hr. from West Bay. You would need to take a cab or hire a driver.

Mentioned in this post
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

no big deal, Jimmi... just one of our friends here diverging for a moment... I'm surprised they removed the post... it wasn't our troll attacking, just a musing comment that wasn't really a-musing...

hakuna matata!

Calabash Bight...
1 post
Save Reply
27. Re: Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

Normally it is an easy boarding from the dock. The smaller boat was used that day to avoid a longer time in the ocean...... because of rough seas.... it's rare for us to do this. Our ladder goes into the water by 3 steps. Hope this helps. cap'n Ed

28. Re: Radical Catamaran Adventures....the BEST!!!!! A MUST do!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 22, 2014