We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thinking of roatan

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
560 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
thinking of roatan

for this coming winter 2013 - thinking of West Bay area. One thing that interests us is the new golf course Black Pearl - how far would this be if we stayed say in Infinity Bay area to travel for a round of golf

Thanks

1. Re: thinking of roatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:00 pm, November 01, 2012
Ontario
Level Contributor
560 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thinking of roatan

Thank you for your response - so I suppose I could get a taxi - and villa - hmmm do you rent?

3. Re: thinking of roatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:00 pm, November 01, 2012
NJ
Level Contributor
256 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thinking of roatan

Love it that is

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thinking of roatan

Blt; my wife and I have golfed the course twice and just love it. the course is beautiful and horribly under utilized. We did the taxi thing from West End the first time we were there but the second time we had our own rental car. I don't remember how much we paid for the cab but it would have likely have been something in the $40 range. I do remember the driver though, it was the first time that he had ever been to Pristine Bay, and the view from the top of the hill as you descend down into Pristine Bay is jaw dropping. When he came back to pick us up, he brought along his wife and asked us to take photographs of them with that view in the background.

If you enjoy your golf, it's a day well spent.......

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,944 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thinking of roatan

mcgosler ~ that is a great story... thanks for sharing.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thinking of roatan

There are several good memories from the golf course there. We've had great caddies on both occasions but especially the first visit. My wife had a terrific game there with him helping her with tips and suggestions. By the time that round was completed she wanted (1) a set of Ladies Calloway clubs and (2) to bring the caddy back to Canada with us. Our next round was a bit different; during the course of our three Roatan vacations we've gotten to know a lot of locals including many of the people involved with the radio station. When we heard about a charity golf tournament that they were putting on last February, we jumped on it. My wife ended up with the best Bingo, Bango, Bongo and took home the Golden Radio award (a digital alarm clock spray painted Gold....) Great fun......

Ontario
Level Contributor
560 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thinking of roatan

The golf does sound beautiful!!! So that being said I am having a hard time getting a response as to how much a round may be in the winter - if you dont mind me asking do you recall - and I would prob rent clubs as I would not want to drag my new Taylors down

Thanks a bunch

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: thinking of roatan

I kept a travel blog going during our last two roatan vacations. I just went back and read the postings for the two golf days, but one thing that I did not record was the costs. My memory is not so good when it comes to numbers, and when I'm on vacation the dollars just seem to flow out through my fingers......I do know that it is not inexpensive.....I might have records of it at home but I'm out of town for a few days right now.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,944 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: thinking of roatan

This thread has some info plus prices dates Jan 2012

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g292019-i4482-k508…