We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Hotel/nightlife?

NEW ORLEANS
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help with Hotel/nightlife?

I live in New Orleans and am from Tegucigalpa, Honduras. I have been to Roatan 4x's, having stayed in Anthoneys Cay once and Fantasy Island 3x's. I did not like the isolation. I havent been back in 8 years and understand things have changed. Is there a beachfront hotel in West End that has a sandy swimmable beach? I remember the nightlife was all at Westend, is that still the case? What is the nightlife on the island like nowadays? We will be there on the first Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of December 2012. What can I expect for nightlife during those days, especially Tuesday night? What about Late night or reggae. We would like to stay in hotel near nightlife that has a decent beach. Air condition is a must and would like to spend less than 100/ night. So far, I have found Las Rocas. Any thoughts on that place or other suggestions? I have never been to. West Bay, any info on daytime activities there and any nihhtlife? I thabk you for any help in advance.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,288 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Hotel/nightlife?

AS you have probably noticed from photos, Las Rocas does not sit on the beach. Being a Spanish speaker you realize what its name implies.

In West End there are hotels along Half Moon Bay, some across the road from the water. I have been staying in a resort south of Half Moon Bay, Sueno del Mar, that actually is on the beach. Nice rooms with powerful A/C and a full breakfast for under $70. They have kayaks and a lovely part of the reef close to shore. Usually I paddle out there, but sometimes I swim, but I go out at least twice every day. It's right on Blue Channel, one of my favorite dive sites. They also have a popular beach bar. Next door is another small resort, Lost Paradise, that's also on the water. They do not offer breakfast. I think Sueno is what you are looking for.

Every night is party night in West End, which is why I like being south at Sueno, far enough away that it's quiet. Seems like there is little difference from one night to another except that maybe there are more locals partying on Saturday. I don;t think that you REALLY want to stay anyplace close to the noise, do you? I don;t know about the reggae scene because I'm usually home early getting my beauty sleep so I can dive in the AM.

If you need to be in the middle of everything in West End try Splash Inn, but it's across the road from the water and there's no beach.

2. Re: Help with Hotel/nightlife?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 21, 2013