We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bulk Gourmet

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
256 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Bulk Gourmet

Hey all lovers of Roatan. We are headed back to Roatan this month (YAY!) - I usually shop at Eldon (French Harbour) but was wondering about the Bulk Gourmet as well...do you have top purchase items there in bulk or do you have the option to purchase as a "regular" shopper?

roatan
Level Contributor
287 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bulk Gourmet

Regular shopping is available. It's not really bulk like the big box stores in the Upper America's. They carry grocery items unavailable anywhere else here.

Cheers

Bonnie

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
736 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bulk Gourmet

Bonnie; can you elaborate as to what is carried at Bulk Gourmet that can't be found at Eldon's or Plaza Mar: I thought they were pretty well stocked. Thanks.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
496 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bulk Gourmet

You can visit the Bulk Gourmet Website for an Idea of what they carry although they sometimes have more and sometimes less they usually have quite the variety of specialty foods.

http://www.thebulkgourmet.com/

NJ
Level Contributor
256 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bulk Gourmet

Thanks - I understand they may have higher qualilty meats, cheese, wine and such. I have not had much luck with purchasing meats on the island. Last time I ourchased (what I thought was chicken breast) it would up being chicken breast on the top level and God knows what part of the chicken underneath - YUCK!!!

NJ
Level Contributor
256 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bulk Gourmet

I dif check the website, but all prices are listed in "bulk" quanities (cases and such)...guess i wll see when I get there

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
4,969 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bulk Gourmet

If you contact Sherry at info@thebulkgourmet.com she will explain it all to you. Last winter we bought steaks (USDA), ham, fish, cheese, butter etc. at 'regular shoppers' size. Also bottles of wine. She will break down the prices and if you don't have a car you can arrange delivery with Sue Ann at At Your Service. You can pay Bulk Gourmet using PayPal. We had no problems at all. It's not cheap but at least you can get some special items.

NJ
Level Contributor
256 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bulk Gourmet

Thanks - I sent a message to that address last night. Problem is we arrive Saturday, but I guess I can do abit of shopping at Eldon'son Saturday and the rest at Bulk Gourmet on Monday. Thanks again!

8. Re: Bulk Gourmet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, August 21, 2013