We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling Highlights (February 2012)

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,392 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling Highlights (February 2012)

Just returned from an amazing first visit. Plan of writing a proper trip report for TA and adding some Roatan entries in my blog (though may have to start a Roatan specific blog, since we'll be back!).

So in the interim, here are some snorkeling pictures from: Pristine Bay, Blue Channel, Reef off La Luna, Reef off Xbalanque, West Bay, Smuggler's Cove, and Port Royal.

Reefs looked healthy, fish count was way better than I had heard, clarity was not the best due to rains and there happened to be lots of jellyfish in areas, but overall a very promising first experience.

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Warning: Lots of Pictures!

Macgregor...
9 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: Snorkeling Highlights (February 2012)

Of all the places you snorkel on Roatan, what would be the top two? And what would you recommend for a couple of newbie snorkelers?

Thanks!

Lindsay...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
32. Re: Snorkeling Highlights (February 2012)

That is an awesome slideshow... just what I plan on doing 2 weeks from today... please tell me that those reefs you went to are reasonably close to west bay

jd

Sunny California
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Snorkeling Highlights (February 2012)

Great Shots!...Love the Sea Cucumber pics.

Turtle shots were really good too

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,392 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Snorkeling Highlights (February 2012)

Glad you liked the pics, I am sure you'll enjoy the snorkeling! Reef locations are listed in the OP and also on most of the images on the slide show.

With a few exceptions, the reef between West End and Gumbalimda Park was where I spent most of my time. The area off West Bay Beach was pretty good and also really liked the area around the point from West Bay at Lighthouse Point, where Smuggler's used to be.

Those work creatures turned out to be Peanut Worms and not Sea Cucumbers.

35. Re: Snorkeling Highlights (February 2012)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 08, 2014