We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon in june

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, South...
2 posts
Save Topic
honeymoon in june

We will be heading to Roatan on June12th thru 18th and are looking for a place to stay that is on the water and provides a little privacy (since it is our honeymoon) but is still close to all activities. We are not certified divers but enjoy all water sports. We have traveled throughout the Caribbean and Central America but have not been to Honduras.Accomodations do not have to be luxurious, just clean and comfortable, preferably with a view .

Since we both are in the restaurant business in Florida, any pointers on LOCAL food establishments would be appreciated. Also would like info on interesting day trips and any other useful info.

Thanks, Manatee Ray

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon in june

I suggest something on West Bay.. a great beach..amazing snokeling..great hotels

try Mayan Princess or Paradise Beach www.roatanvillas.com

another idea is www.payabay.com i have not been there yet...but i heard great things about it. im thinking of checking it out later this month. but seems to be alittle more secluded.

http://www.barefootcay.com/ seems like a secluded luxury retreat.. although i have not been there either..

good luck..lets us know what you decide and how it went

salt lake city
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: honeymoon in june

Manateeray,

We'll be leaving for our honeymoon in 4 days. We're staying at Anthony's Key Resort. Private bungalows over the water make for an ideal atmosphere. The service is second to none. I'd be happy to tell you how our trip goes when we get back. Feel free to email me (stonebuster84@yahoo.com) We'll be back on April 4th.

Jim

3. Re: honeymoon in june

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:34 pm, April 07, 2006
Montgomery Alabama
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: honeymoon in june

Privacy is one thing you will not find on West Bay beach.

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: honeymoon in june

If you have never stayed anywhere on the island other than the house you are touting, how can you say that it is the best place to stay? How can you say with authority that you would never stay anywhere else? How can you say that Anthony's Key is the best place for divers? Have you stayed there? Been diving with anyone else?

I'm a diver. I've been a number of different places in the world on my dive trips. Yet, I would not stay at Anthony's Key. I also would not stay in West Bay.

There is no question that the beach at West Bay is beautiful, however, it is a small matter to get from West End to West Bay, so that one can enjoy that beautiful beach. The advantages to staying in West End over West Bay are significant.

I don't know why I would bother to share this with anyone because for myself, I'd prefer to be able to get a room in West End at any time. I fear that my enthusiasm and that of others will make it too popular and then all the things about it, that I currently so enjoy, will change.

In summary, different stroke for different folks.

Orchard Lake...
Level Contributor
51 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: honeymoon in june

Manatee Ray

Privacy is a relative kind of thing. Beach front properties get a fair amount of pedestrian traffic which can make them not feel private. They also tend to have the best views. For privacy I would suggest staying at a beach front hotel/resort but not in a beach front room. The second floor of a beach front would also afford a little more privacy.

I enjoyed both Dian's garden of Eatin and Oolonthoo in West End. The food was interesting and flavorful. I would be interested in your opinions of the local restaurants when you return.

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: honeymoon in june

There are so many different options to stay that it is difficult to suggest any particular place. As far as the areas go, West Bay has long been known as the best beach on the Island, however, it is also the most popular and and most developed, lots of condo's and concrete and more all the time.

For food establishments I have to aree with the previous posts but unfortunately during June Dian's, which is my absolute favorite, will not be open. She is relocationg and I don't think she will reopen until July or August.

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: honeymoon in june

Sorry,

I meant to also mention about other areas. West Bay is popular with the younger beach bar crowd, a great place to visit and eat, but maybe a little busy for a honeymoon. There are also many places around the island, some with somewhat private beach. I place that has info on many different accomodations on Roatan is Roatanet.com

Orchard Lake...
Level Contributor
51 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: honeymoon in june

Too bad Dian's will be closed.

Before I visited I read about Rudy's in West End for smoothies and breakfast. I never thought it I would recommend a place that makes smoothies but they really are great. Have them make a papaya-ginger combination for you. Unbelievable.