We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on land activities

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tennessee
Level Contributor
581 posts
23 reviews
Question on land activities

How much time can we plan on devoting to the land based activities like the iguana farm, butterfly farm, gumbalimba, zip lining. I guess what I mean is can we do all of those in 1 day or 2 days?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Question on land activities

It depends where you are staying. Let's just assume you are staying in West Bay. The butterfly farm is near West End which you could visit anytime on a whim (just a boat taxi ride away) The iguana farm is near French Harbour...you may want to incorporate a visit to the iguana farm with a driving tour of the island as French Harbour is on the opposite side of the island from West Bay. Gumbalimba Park and Ziplines are close to West Bay as well and there are excursions offered that include both. So I would say plan 1 day for renting a car and driving around the island...it really is a beautiful island to drive around and explore all the roads that go down to the coast from the main road and 1/2 day for Gumbalimba Park/Zipline.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Question on land activities

all of your planned activities are on the west side of the island and can be done in one day. Parrot Tree is where the east end begins. for day two you can see many sights most tourist miss out on; Camp Bay Beach, Old Port Royal, the Mangrove Forest with crocodiles, St. Helene and Pigeon Cay (accessable by boat from Camp Bay)

Edited: 9:23 pm, October 19, 2011
3. Re: Question on land activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, October 27, 2012