We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lands End Resort - feedback?

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bethesda maryland
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lands End Resort - feedback?

We are looking at this resort. Anyone stay there recently? What are the prices at the restaurant/bars in West Bay? Thanks!

Steamboat Springs CO
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lands End Resort - feedback?

Traveler, Lands end is in west end. i haven't stayed there but I have partied late night at the bar. No real beach at the resort and the pool is salt water. (or was last year) West End restaurants are a short walk and very resonably priced but to get to west bay beach you water taxi from town during the daytime or taxi /drive at night. West bars and restaurants are more expensive than West End

bethesda maryland
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lands End Resort - feedback?

Thanks so much - any recommendations on other resorts?

Steamboat Springs CO
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lands End Resort - feedback?

Traveler, I like Luna Beach resort. It is quiet and well maintained with a fresh water pool, nice bar and restaurant on site and the cabins are right on the beach. West end restaurants and bars are short walk up the beach maybe 5-10 minutes The resort has its own dock and dive op and its easy to flag a water taxi to go to west bay for snorkeling, people watching etc. They have different packages eg. room, unlimited diving and meals 1000 US. We just book the room and then pay for everthing else as we go.This is a little cheaper because we like to eat in town most nights. I've looked at other AI's Fantasy Island, Coco View and others but with those you require a taxi if you want to get away from the resort. We spent two weeks there last feb. and are returning for two weeks next saturday. For us it's great because we get the amenitys we like ( pool, beach, bar, restaurant ) and can enjoy the variety of restaurants and nightlife in west end. Check out their website, very good with lots of pics and the staff always return email promptly. Lots of positive reviews also. Dog

bethesda maryland
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Lands End Resort - feedback?

Thanks so much Dog -- I have heard great things about Luna and have previously spoken with Debbie who works there - she is very nice. I think we will plan to stay at that resort next February -- we just got back from El Salvador last week - GREAT TRIP -- have a great trip!

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lands End Resort - feedback?

as mentioned above Lands End does not have a beach but the quite and bug free iron shore is a plus.

I have stayed in many places on the island and I can tell you I like this bit of space (I am right next to Lands End) for the location and quite. It is close enough to West End but not so close you have to worry about the night noise. One can walk to the Half Moon Bay Beach in three minutes or walk farther down to West Bay..takes about 45 minutes.

Don't get me wrong Luna Beach is nice as well.

If ya gotta have beach Luna is cool. Though I prefer the sand of beach of West Bay.

6. Re: Lands End Resort - feedback?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 22, 2009