We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

roatan worth going to?

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
AZ
7 posts
Save Topic
roatan worth going to?

We are looking into go to Roatan Honduras has any one gone and have any advice for us? We just came back from Monteverde Costa Rica and had an incredible time. Will this trip be up to par? If your interested in go to C.R I will be writting up our review on our trip and have many pics.

cubanmix

Lake Orion, MI
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: roatan worth going to?

RoatanBob:

Thanks for the tips.

Key west, FL
Level Contributor
458 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: roatan worth going to?

Just returned from Roatan. We are not divers, but loved the snoekeling right off the beach in West Bay (good location) .The beach was fabulous, $2.00 pp water taxi ride into West end (either return by 6pm, or take a taxi back for more $$) There is plenty to do if you don't dive. The canopy tour is excellent. Horse riding on the beach, Fishing, Kayaking ($5.00 per hour from Bananarama). If you dive check into Anthony's Key Resort. or Las Rocas on West Bay. Mayan Princess on west bay is very nice if you are not divers. It has a very nice pool and good food (by Roatans standards). We stayed at Island Pearl. Location was great, accommodations and management (or Lack of) were disappointing for the money. much better deals out there.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: roatan worth going to?

Hey Roatanbob- you wouldn't happen to be the Bob I know who is a musician and who roomed in college with my husband, would you?

miami
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: roatan worth going to?

Where is the best snorkeling? I am going to be in Roatan for just one day. Do you have names for me of the greatest snorkeling sites? That would be great. Ever heard of Tabyana beach? Gumbalinda Park? Thanks!

15. Re: roatan worth going to?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:33 pm, October 31, 2005