We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back - flew TACA with no problems

Sparks, Nevada
Level Contributor
14 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Just back - flew TACA with no problems

We just got back from Roatan and had a nice time. We stayed at Luna Beach which we liked for the room cleanliness and location.

You might want to add the following items to your packing list:

Lots of Cash

Flashlight (power is always going out in town)

Bug Spray

Mask, fins and snorkel....

We flew on TACA from San Francisco and had no problems. All flights were right on time.

You can see our entire trip report with lots of pictures at sunnytripreports.com/roatan/…index.shtml

New Mexico
Level Contributor
385 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back - flew TACA with no problems

Just returned from Roatan on Saturday, stayed at Luna as well. My wife and I honeymooned there in 05, and brought another couple down with us this time. We stayed in one of the tropical houses, loved it. We flew Delta, but have flown Taca on all of my previous trips to Roatan/Utila and also have not had any problems.

central fla.
Level Contributor
219 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back - flew TACA with no problems

Opus....great trip report. We will be staying at Island Pearl for a week beginning May 18. Your routine day sounds a lot like what ours will be.....sleep late, coffee, reading, snorkling checking out the local food and drinks....just sunning and relaxing. We plan on getting to West End for supper quite often. Since it will be dark by the time we head back to WB, would you recommend just taking a cab back or do people walk back beach side (assuming we take a flashlight). I probably wouldn't walk alone but if it were a group of people.....

Thanks

Sparks, Nevada
Level Contributor
14 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back - flew TACA with no problems

I think you should plan on a cab. It is a very long walk from West End to West Bay and it is VERY dark along the beach. The cab should be about $10 USD and I think worth it.

Have a great trip!

New Mexico
Level Contributor
385 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back - flew TACA with no problems

seeyakids,

plan on taking a cab in the evening from West End; it is not lit at all. In a large group, you would probably be pretty safe, but the walk to West Bay is about 40-45 minutes. There is also some rock obstacles which you would need to cross, and wouldn't want to do in the dark. Definitely make this walk in the day time though, it's great.

central fla.
Level Contributor
219 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back - flew TACA with no problems

Thanks guys.......I'll make sure we have a lot of small bills for the cab. Another question....what time does the water taxis stop in the evenings?

New Mexico
Level Contributor
385 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back - flew TACA with no problems

The water taxis stop running pretty much just after sunset. It's just too dark to navigate inside the reef with all of the other sail boats anchored or moored down. A cab from WE to WB or vice versa runs about $10.

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back - flew TACA with no problems

Opus, it was good to see a picture of Marie in your trip report. I've been wondering how she was doing.

Sparks, Nevada
Level Contributor
14 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back - flew TACA with no problems

Marie is doing great. She is working at the Barefeet Bar. She is a sweetheart.

9. Re: Just back - flew TACA with no problems

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, September 26, 2009