We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

roatan for New Years???

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
roatan for New Years???

I've been wanting to come to Roatan for a while now as we are avid snorkellers and have heard it is awesome. We are looking to go away for New Year's Eve 2008. I have heard this is rainy season in Roatan and I don't want to have rain every day and not be able to enjoy my trip - rain at night is alright though.... We are also seriously considering Curacao as they have good snorkelling too. Can anyone enlighten me as to what we could expect weather wise over the New Year's in Roatan?? It is a tossup between the two resorts but Roatan would be easier on my wallet LOL.... I was leaning to the Henry Morgan in Roatan if that makes a difference...

emjaty
Level Contributor
228 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: roatan for New Years???

New Years timeline IS the rainy season. Odds are you will at least have some rain. We have been numerous times and the worst, weather wise, has been Christmas time for us. Roatan is such a beautiful island and if you are going to go specifically to be above the water, you may want to consider going during dry season. However, you know how weather goes....it could be great!

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: roatan for New Years???

As much fun as I've had on Roatan over the Xmas/NY holidays, I have to confirm what the last poster said. I always stay a minimum of 3 weeks over that period. In that way, I'm generally guaranteed at least one really nice week. The way it has played out so far is about 7 days of horrible weather, 7 days of decent weather and 7 days of very nice weather, but not necessarily in that order. I'm a diver, so yes, I do prefer good weather but it's not as important to me as it would be to a snorkeller.

3. Re: roatan for New Years???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 25, 2009